Wanted - Non-functional, S1 Otter Switch

Does anyone have a old, dead Otter Switch they’d be willing to part with? I want to try a little experiment, but don’t want to cannibalize a good switch for this.

I’m not sure if there are difference over the years, but the one I would like to find is applicable to a S1 4.2…but honestly, I think any of them should work.

Thank you

beneyes@yahoo.com

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

You might be able to locally anneal the three little tabs so nothing breaks off when you put them back together. The saloon/xj switches are identical.

1 Like

I’m curious as to whether having the “bulb” protrude into the header tank tube has any flow benefit over the (smaller) Cool Cat sender poking into that hole.

My plan is to remove the “guts”, and adapt the original bulb to work in conjunction with the Cool Cat sender.

I will cut the end off the bulb, so the Cool Cat sender is measuring water temp, and not the air temp inside the bulb. So, I’ll actually be using just the flange and cylindrical portion of the original bulb.

Oh okay. I‘d drill a hole in the bulb and slide it over but have no clue how that would help. If just experimental a copper tube would only look a little less nice but you can’t see it. It’s what I used for my brake level sender. Still bought a new reservoir just because I know how it looks inside so I totally understand you :sweat_smile: