Warning light module on SI XJ

Hello, I hope you won’t mind my having just joined your forum as an enthusiast but of a different car. If I am not mistaken the warning light cluster installed on Mk 2 XJs is the same as that fitted on Morgans from late 1977 to around 1984. I need to obtain one of these units for a +8 Morgan that I am having rebuilt but cannot find any reference on it. Would someone on this forum be able to help please?

A good weekend to all.

Philip

Hello again

My apologies and a correction to my previous post. I now believe this warning lt module was fitted on later Series 1 XJs. I have just looked at a Motor road test of a 1972 4.2 XJ Series 1, and the slim T shape unit that I am after is fitted on the car.

Cheers

Philip

In that case, yes, you need to find a Series I cluster. The SII and SIII have one filling the space between the gauges and the only difference is the chrome strip that was removed in later years. You can search the online parts catalogues or try google for the part number

David

Hello David

Thanks for the reply. I have not found the online parts catalogue nor being successful on Google for parts number. Hence my question really on whether anyone could advise.

Cheers

Philip

Welcome to Jag-Lovers, Philip. The part number for the cluster (Hazard, Ignition, Brake, Oil) is C-29239 (or C29239). I would recommend you contact David Boger at EverydayXJ.com for a used part. The leading new supplier is SNG Barratt, but they list it as NLA.

Here’s a photo (don’t know if they actually have it but the price is absurd IMO).

Hello Robert

Many thanks for the info.

Using the p/n you provided, I have found another site in the US who can ship to my US office a new unit at just over 70USD. If I can’t find one 2nd hand will probably go for that.

Cheers

Philip