Warranty on 02 Sensors Bank 1 & 2

Has anyone heard of an extended Jaguar Warranty on 02 sensors. I saw 10 to 15 years but can’t find it anymore. Help!!!

Ooh, following!

I had the check engine light come on, then go off again. My OBD2 reader confirmed it was an O2 sensor.

Weird that it would come and go. I certainly wouldn’t mind if Jaguar picked up the tab for a replacement.

Found this online:

Dear Current or Former Owner or Lessee:

This letter is to notify you that Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has decided to offer additional warranty benefits related to the Exhaust System Oxygen (O2) sensors installed in certain vehicles listed below:
JAGUAR VEHICLES AFFECTED* MODEL YEAR

F-PACE 2017
F-TYPE 2014 - 2017
XE 2017
XF 2013 - 2017
XJ 2013 - 2017
XK 2013 - 2015
*Only vehicles fitted with a GTDi 2.0L, V6 3.0L SC, V8 5.0L, or V8 5.0L SC gasoline engines.

This extended warranty program does not apply to Partial Zero Emission Vehicles (PZEV) registered in California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Vermont. The O2 sensors of PZEVs that are registered in these states are covered under an existing warranty of 15 years or 150,000 miles (whichever occurs first).

In line with our commitment to customer satisfaction, we are offering these benefits in response to reports of performance issues with exhaust system O2 sensors.

What is the Concern?
The O2 sensor concerns can be caused by either design or manufacturing variations or by system operating software and can lead to illumination of the check engine light (MIL) and potentially a minor increase in tailpipe emissions. There are no effects to vehicle performance. Vehicle repairs now benefit from enhanced system robustness improvements to component design, manufacturing processes and operating software.

How long is the extended warranty?
The extended warranty limits are defined in the following table:

MODEL PETROL ENGINE VARIANT COVERAGE
F-PACE 3.0 L

F-TYPE 3.0 L
XE 3.0 L
XF 3.0 L
XJ 3.0 L 15 years / 150,000 mi (whichever occurs first)

F-TYPE 5.0 L

XE 2.0 L
XF 2.0 L, 5.0 L
XJ 5.0 L
XK 5.0 L 10 years / 120,000 mi (whichever occurs first)

What should you do?
Should your vehicle’s check engine light illuminate, please contact your preferred authorized Jaguar Retailer, provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and make a service appointment to diagnose the concern.

Any required repairs/replacements to any O2 sensor or to O2 sensor operating software will be covered at no cost to you for the length of the applicable extended warranty period.

Jaguar recommends you keep a copy of this letter in your glovebox with your vehicle literature pack and it be provided to the new owner of your vehicle if it is sold.

What if I have previously paid for this concern?
If any current or former owner has already paid for this service before the date of this letter, Jaguar is offering a refund. In order to qualify for a refund, please provide your authorized retailer with the original paid receipt. To avoid delays, please do not send the receipt to Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC.

What should you do if you have further questions?
Should you have any questions regarding this program or need assistance in locating the nearest authorized Jaguar retailer, please contact the Jaguar Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-4JAGUAR (1-800-452-4827).

You may also contact us by e-mail using the following address: jagweb1@jaguarlandrover.com.

If you have the need to contact Jaguar by mail, please use the following address:

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
ATTN: Customer Relationship Center
100 Jaguar Land Rover Way
Mahwah, NJ 07495

We appreciate your confidence in our product and wish to do everything we can to retain that confidence. Jaguar regrets any inconvenience this action may cause and thanks you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Thomas Giese
Director, Technical Services - MA-43
Customer Service

That’s what I’m looking for. Thanks!

1 Like