Webasto sunroof anyone?

I have been back to the old workshop where I found my latest Daimler V8 to try and find the missing Webasto sunroof. The old boy said it was upstairs somewhere… I eventually found it under a heap of old rubbish as noticed the green headlining material and a length pf wire. It is in a very poor state so will need complete refurb but has anyone else done this??

Greetings All,

Webasto still is around in the UK, possibly elsewhere. Do a Google search.

Of course I already did the research and sent a message to Webasto but got zero reply. I find that dealing with someone who has done the job themselves at home is a better source of assistance rather than a business who may not want to be that helpful for these types of projects.

I haven’t done this myself, but can recommend Peter Harvey 07956 292376. He has been fitting Wabasto for decades. He has a workshop in his garden near Deal in Kent. He fitted a new roof to my Rover last year, but had old roofs in for repair at the time.

In an episode of CAR SOS (Ford Cortina Mk1) the presenters took a Webasto roof for refurb to a bod - new vinyl / lining etc. Perhaps look up the show and see if there is a clue to the bod. Might well have been Peter Harvey as Peter Connell suggests.

Aaaarghh! I was there last week. I got the car from Ramsgate as I lived in Margate before moving to Ireland. I just got back last night. I went to see if there was any chance of finding the sun roof which the seller said was somewhere in his old workshop in Ramsgate. Deal is just down the road. Many thanks for the lead. I need to get whats left of the roof out of the trailer and see exactly what I have got and then give him a call.
I have most of Car SOS on recorded so will have a look. Thanks guys.
The other thing I need is someone to do Lead Loading. Another rare skill over here so may be trailing the car back to UK for the bits I need doing.

Another Rover owner??

Yay!!

Hi Paul, yes it’s a V8 Rover P6, what would be called a NADA in the states

1 Like

I have 4 V8 ones, two 4-cylinder ones, and obe running 2000TC.

Soon, the V8s are all going to the crusher.

1 Like

Ireland? Find a silversmith (retired) - best lead / soft hot metal skills on the planet – second only to Brumland. (Lights blue taper and retires…)

Peter Harvey no longer fits them as the spares are no longer available however I hope he can help me re cover mine and explain how to put it back as I think all the bits are there. Webasto quoted me a crazy price for a new one as they do not repair them.

Peter Harvey will repair it so there you go. You need to DIY fit.