What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Worse than War and Peace?

:frowning:

I sent you a PM with details of what I did.

War and Peace was a piece of cake compared to Crime and Punishment. Before I got to the end of that one I wanted to turn myself into the state police.

2 Likes

I promise not to sidetrack the thread, but I thought it was pretty good. Perhaps not as engaging as some of Chernow’s other work. Definitely looong, like all his stuff. :slight_smile:

After doing a valve adjustment, I was going to install some bare aluminum and lightly polished S2 cam covers on the car. But before that I thought it might be time to freshen the head with some paint. Used aluminum foil to mask, as well as some tape. In the end it I thought it turned out well.

4 Likes

Nice! I need to do the same to mine. Getting long in the tooth with a little Indian Head that ran down from the cams covers as well

Getting the rear suspension at the correct height before tightening all the rubber mounted bolts

2 Likes

That top block looks a little precarious.

1 Like

Jenga !!!

Notice how I set it’s center of mass in the right spot… they are back under a tree now so I guess we lucked out on this one.

Good, that paint looks too nice to mar. :smile:

1 Like

It has its first scratch, so I guess everything from now on doesn’t count…

1 Like

I put the first scratch on mine while attempting to put the %$#*& chrome headlight opening trim on after it got back from the paint shop. I swore softly and walked away for a bit.

1 Like

Finally dragged myself away from Tumbex (the Tumblr replacement) long enough to get some engine assembly done. Pistons where affixed to rods, EVERYTHING was annotated with tape and triple checked, then got caught in a deluge of biblical proportions on my bicycle while peddling to my freinds place to borrow his ring compressor. I added my own annotation to each piston in the hope that 50 years from now, my son will get a chuckle out of the comments

when he rebuilds it.

Ya think the masking tape’ll last 50 years???

:laughing:

1 Like

When I rebuilt my E-type’s engine at age 45 (its, not mine) or so the engine number (from 7R1662-9, as originally installed in the E-type built two months later) was still clearly visible scribbled onto one of the pistons in graphite pencil.

So, if you want to leave a message for the next guy several decades on, you know what to do.

Edit: just avoid the thrust side.

2 Likes

… what she said.

:grimacing:

Oohhh. You’re bad.

23 skidoo

Finished constructing my rotisserie and gave it a trial run.

1 Like

Impressive piece of work.

You are a fast man on the hand crank. :grin: