What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

is this the John Walker from ADL days?
Tony Hamer

ADL?..

Arthur D Little?
Anti Defamation League?
Activities of Daily Living?

1 Like

Arthur D Littleā€¦

Removed the shims on the LHS of a SI.

Dropped the bolt down into the labyrinth channel where the motor mount goes.

About an hour laterā€¦

1 Like

Nope.

Never done that beforeā€¦:crossed_fingers:t3:

Nope not me. ā€¦

Well, today I have done it. I have started.

Lifted the drives side of the car, lubed it, changed oil and filter and checked tire pressure. Starting the preparation for the Oil Leak Tour. Starting to think about the tool set to pack, check lights, you all know the routine. Other side of the car tomorrowā€¦

LLoyd

A step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction.

Kurt Vonnegut

1 Like

Turns out my neighbor is retiring from the autobody repair businessā€¦ He is letting me borrow EVERYTHING needed to assist in the body repairs. Borrowed a welder and just picked up a rotisserie that was sitting in his driveway in a box for months. ā€œAtlas Auto Spinā€? Iā€™m sure it will need jigging but what a great start. By doctors orders he can only drink 64 cal. beer! Guess whoā€™s getting a monthly subscription to ā€œMiller 64ā€!!! His prescription of choice.

BTW, heā€™s also setting up a paint booth in his 40x60" two story workshopā€¦

3 Likes

donā€™t leave any parts there. Buildings have a way of being sold out and everything inside going missing.

1 Like

Good Morning Yā€™all,
I wonder if this is why SNG has taken their Clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing kit off their ā€˜shelveā€™ for an indefinite period? My sales rep implied the manufacturer(s) is(are) having issues with the ā€˜kitā€™.
Cheers,
Lynn

Wowā€¦ Steve, you is died and become went to heaven !!! And someone right there to tech/show/train you. Take advantage of that, it saved me a fortune over my lifetime.

LLoyd

Kurt Vonnegut

Guess ya dont need my care package of body tools, eh?

WRONG!!! Iā€™ll take what ya got and return or send them on when Iā€™m done (2029?) He doesnā€™t retire for 9 months.

WHEW!!

Thought I was gunna get stuck with the f**kersā€¦:wink:

Lloyd,
Iā€™m doing the same- checking lights and packing up a few goodies that might come in handy on the road.

Installed a new radiator stone shield. My car didnā€™t have one when I bought her. Had to fabricate some lower brackets. Used 1/16ā€ aluminum. Probably one of the easiest ā€œfixesā€ so far.

1 Like

Good, thatā€™s an important piece. D.do you have the foam above the radiator too?
LLoyd

Kurt Vonnegut

I bought my 74 S3 OTS a coupe stable mate:
Drove from Annapolis MD to Milwaukee, WI Friday in my Audi S5 which I traded in for this 2015 F-type S with 10,000 miles on the clock, which I then drove back to Annapolis Saturday. 1700 miles in total.

5 Likes

That is bad a$$!!! Letā€™s tear it down and rebuild it!

6 Likes