What happened to the classified that were divided by Jaguar vehicle type?

I know its been a while since I tried to look at classifieds, but I’m sure it used to be divided by Jaguar model.
Am I doing something wrong or has the classified forum gone kablooey? This all-in-one forum seems near unusable.

2 Likes

I second that.

Plus, the issue I see is that earlier ads are buried under all of the more recent ads and thus are less likely to be viewed.

1 Like

same here , classified is unusable , everything is all put together , like complete cars are in with a small headlight bulb!!??? WTF.

We moved the ads to give people more transparency about who the other party is.

We don’t have the molecular control to sort ads for you, but the search works perfectly well.

(I’ll move this to #site-feedback)

Was there no way to achieve that level of transparency with the older ads setup?

If there were, we would have implemented that.

OK, thanks…

What do you mean by “more transparency”? Didn’t posters on the old classifieds have to log onto Jag-lovers just as they have to log on to post on any other forum? I didn’t have to do anything different/special when I posted to the “new” classifieds forum.

You’re already past the new user sandbox. That’s why you didn’t have to do anything special.

On the old system, a user could post an ad as soon as they had joined.

Gunnar just installed a new “Saved searches” plugin for us. This might be useful for monitoring the #classifieds.

See: Heads up: New saved searches feature