What is this S2 Switch?

Hi everyone,

I have an early S2 manual transmission ski slope in the S1 car I’ve converted to manual overdrive and it has a hole in it that I need to fill. Been a Looong time since I had a S2 - what is the switch in the picture below?.. Central door locks? Normal S2/3 window switches don’t fit there so I guess I gotta find the right one.

Note this is just a random S2 image from the internet.

Thanks,
~Mike

Central door lock.

(If you have a dog which gets easily excited, don’t leave him inside the car when you take it to the coin op carwash. Most especially not on a cold January Saturday when you’ve left the engine running.)

Thank you Andrew!

Hahaha… No danger of dog shenanigans - I won’t even let me girlfriend stay in my Jag unattended.

~Mike

For the archives… what I found out is that this switch hole fits a Lucas switch with a 159SA body. That size switch body was used in tons of British cars of course. Hole is 28mm x 48mm.

My S1 does not have central locks so I’m using it as a manual override switch for my electric fan’s thermostat.

I thought it was the passenger seat ejection switch. Now what?!
Phillip

Well as long as your passenger ejector switch has a Lucas 159SA body it’ll fit and look original so no points off at the concourse show.

ha ha, I lived that one. with the series II AND the '02 suburban. I stepped out to run in the house real quick, she stepped on the lock button. Running. Wife had the other set of keys.
I was jumping around waving my arms (the dog is old and deaf) trying to get the dog’s attention. so she’d come step on the button again. It was quite the site, as the passer by’rs looked at me making faces at the window.

That’s a relief. My '76XJC lumped with an LT1 is so concourse Ready! Bring on the judges!
Phillip