What size are the Pozidriv screws on the inlet manifold blanking cap (mid-S2)

My mid-series S2 has the blanking cap on the inlet manifold, where on early S2’s the cross-over from the exhaust side was plumbed in. I believe the large screws are posidriv (??).

Does anyone know the size # of these screws? I’d like to buy a posidriv screwdriver set, but I suspect none is available that will be this big.

Thanks.

Liam,

The Jaguar Parts Manual lists these parts as UCS.831/7H. Decoding that gives:

Coarse Threaded Setscrew, Round Head Phillips (not Pozidriv), 5/16" diameter, 7/8" long, Screwdriver Driven.

What makes you think your screws are Pozidriv? Do they have the characteristic four tick marks around the cross? My car has the earlier aluminium cross-over with studs and acorn nuts, so I can’t give a second opinion unfortunately.

-David

I have a mid S2 with the blank, and it looks like a Pozidriv, anyway, not sure of the size, the biggest bit I have is a 2, and it is bigger than that.

David;
Snapon has a Pozidriv that fits and I have bought a set of bits at a hardware store.

Joel.

FWIW - the set sold by Harbor Freight includes a size 3 but I doubt that is big enough either.

I just went down and looked at mine. The screws do have the posidrive marks and I tried my #3 bit from HF; It’s way to small. A #4 is available from Snap-on. While looking for that I also see that Grainger sells the #1,2 and 3 bits individually for about a buck each.

The several Jaguar applications for Pozidriv #4 have been discussed before, including recently. There are several sources for the bits (though not entire screwdrivers) IIRC.

I just searched the archives and got hits, but I had to use “pozidriv 4” instead of #4, which somehow keyed me into a search of pozidriv on the xj40 list–something strange about #–it is a code symbol evidently.

In my previous post, it looks like I may have stumbled on a minor inaccuracy in one of 2 documents, since now multiple people have indicated that their car uses Pozidriv screws in this application. I used the Jaguar Series 2 Parts List, and the Faster Decoder from Richard Liggitt’s Series 2 Parts List, to determine that these screws have a round Phillips head. One of the documents is in error, or perhaps Jaguar did not differentiate between the two screw head types in their part numbering scheme, and the Decoder would therefore more accurately state “Cruciform” head rather than “Phillips”.Sorry for any confusion caused…

-David

Robert,

They are #4 Pozi, same as the door catches and hinges on the saloons.

The “#” is the internal code for a category. I’ll ask the developers if there is a way to escape that character in searches.

Thank everyone. I will acquire a #4 screwdriver.