Wheel alignment,mid laden tools

Would anybody have access to the front and rear tools,(JD25B qty 2,Jag 1505 qty2) and could send me pictures and dimensions of these tools.My XJS needs an alignment and I know I can fabricate if I had dimensions. Thanks to anyone that can help.

http://www.jag-lovers.org/books/xj-s/11-Suspension.html#Steering

This is a good place to start. Check Figure 9.
Good luck, I’ve struggled a bit trying to find a competent shop in my area that could do it (I made the tool myself)

1 Like

I found a diagram/dimensions for the rear"hook" (JD25B) but have not found the front suspension setting tubes to reference? did you make them as well as the "hooks??

I made only the hooks, as suggested by Kirby. Setting the height in the front requires access to a machine shop. Here are the dimensions;

Jaguar_Wheel_alignment

1 Like

I am not sure use of these tools is all that important anyway since the alignment procedure for the xjrs and sportspack coupe variants states to set alignment at normal ride height due to inability to fit the tools to these cars.

Thanks for the info and diagrams,I have a good shop to do it,so I will get these made up at the machine shop.Just by him knowing enough to research and let me know he does not have the right tools is a sign of an honest establishment.Too many would have “bodged the job” and charged over the top to do it have a great weekend sbobev
Brian

I think – IIRC – the TB with the desired camber and caster values also indicated full fuel tank and new tires that haven’t already been worn unevenly due to out of spec alignment. Don’t know how much diff the half full versus full tank would make

I found the TB I was thinking of, and I was wrong. It (TB 60-5 with amendment dated 1/96) does not mention fuel tank or tires.

attached that file (I think)
60-5a Suspension – Alignment Specifications.pdf (40.8 KB)

1 Like