Wheel Bearing Sources?

I am trying to purchase a set inner and outer replacement bearings, races and seals for my 96 XJS. Anyone have a good source? It seems no one sells a complete kit. SNG wants $80+ for the two bearings and seals. They do not include the races. RockAuto sells in pieces and parts but they do not have all of the parts needed from one manufacturer like SKF or Timkem.
I always replaced bearing and races so not to mix manufacturers. Can I get away with just bearings and seals?
Thanks
Kevin

If I recall correctly, bearings and races have a number stamped into the part…and maybe the mfg name. Google those numbers. You will probably find the parts direct from the mfg, and can get them matched.
SD Faircloth www.jaguarfuelinjectorservice.com

I was hoping to order the parts and have them on hand prior to disassembling the hub
Kevin

I checked Rock Auto. They list Timken bearings and races for the front outer and inner…
also Timken bearings and races for the rear outer and inner.
Was tricky to find all of the above but they are there. I would recommend bearing/races from one mfg. The seals I would not be as picky. You might be able to reuse yours, or keep checking around elsewhere for seals. Timken or otherwise. SD Faircloth

ps. Would be nice if some member would instruct me on how to reply privately to a post.

Part of the issue may be that the front seals changed with the advent of ABS. That may make it easier for outfits to offer the bearings and the seals separately rather than as a kit.

Yes, I finally piece it all together and placed an order with RockAuto.
Thanks

Welsh Enterprises in Steubenville Ohio
If they can’t get them I’d be surprised anyone else could. They buy all Jaguar lots of new old stock. Former Jaguar dealer and support5er of Jaguar clubs.
I have no affiliation

Assuming you are on a computer and using your browser. Click on the avatar and the following will appear.

Then it is obvious how to proceed to PM someone.

Since you posted about the wobbling disk in the back (in another thread), I am sure your question is about the rear. I have an old thread in the archives, look it up if you are interested. Pictures are here:

http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap_view.php3?id=1398009553

There is a spacer that is critical.

Thanks Steve.

I attempted to look at your thread yesterday and could not get the photos to appear. Same thing today when I click on your link. ??? Tried on Internet Explorer and Chrome. No luck on either.

Sadly, the problem is not your browser. Newer is not always better. The majority of the old photo albums were lost when JL moved to a new platform.

Here is the workaround (many tanks to Paul K!)

A '96 and it (already) needs all that? Curious as to how many miles it has on it … :confused: