Where to find electrical connectors after engine fire

Hello All

Have an 85 Jag XJS that had an engine fire.

Looking to find electrical connectors and vacuum elbows etc.

Can someone with a similar situation chime in.

I know that there are trailer connectors that would work but the jag connectors are built with different gauge wires and I would like to keep that straight.

Thanks in advance.

Gene,

Did you try eBay? Search “Jaguar XJ-S wire” or “Jaguar XJS wire” and you will find some. If your car was in a fire and the wires unusable, a used one may do the trick, even if you have to replace some of the wires. At least you will have the connectors that you need. I would sooner try getting used wiring harnesses even if I had to rebuild some of them that try something like trailer harness wiring.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas

1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me in such a timely manner.

Gene,

If you don’t find the exact harnesses that you need listed on eBay right now don’t despair. Search eBay for “1985 XJ-S” and see if someone is obviously parting out a 1985 XJ-S, then send that seller a message through eBay to see if they have the parts you need. If they do, then ask about a price and ask them to list what you need. I have successfully used this technique both as an eBay buyer and seller many times. I have parted out two Jaguar XJ6s and listed the extra parts for sale on eBay as I had the time and as I removed them from the cars. It’s hard to know what people really need, so as a seller I appreciated it when a buyer sends me a request about parts that they need that I haven’t listed yet. It’s a win-win for the seller and buyer.

BTW, I suspect that the XJ-S engine harnesses were identical for several model years so it is likely that harnesses from the early 1980s (1982?) through the introduction of the Marelli ignition system in 1989 might work, depending on what you need. Others might chime in about this.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas

1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

I have a number of pre-facelift XJ-S parts cars. I may be able to help you.

Stephen

If Stephen can’t help, and you want/need wires, I saw a classified on our website here wherein someone is selling old style wires, never used.

Thanks
I will check it out.
I appreciate your help.

Hi Stephen
Thank you for your response
I am making a list and will get back to you and see what you have.
I really appreciate it.

I’d try http://everydayXJ.com David’s a pillar of knowledge and could probably supply you what you’re looking for of point you in a direction to locate them. Part numbers or pictures always help. I use http://Jaguarclassicparts.com to nail down the part number. Also their exploded views helped me put things back together, when I have no reference. Like the window regulator.

When I picked up my XJ the windows were in the back seat, and the regulators; bolts, bushings and other bits were in a box in the boot. the jaguar classic part website helped me make head or tails out the bits in the box.

Parts left over?
Ummm. well… yeah. But those were extra stuff that didn’t belong to the window. :blush:

Hope this helps
Mark