White wall tire recommendations for series 1?

Or. . . . .

https://www.amazon.com/ATLAS-White-Tire-Portawall-Insert/dp/B01N9JGJHY/ref=asc_df_B01N9JGJHY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312031139010&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1132968611725962348&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026097&hvtargid=pla-569457571848&psc=1

I put brand new red stripe Pirrellis on my antique white '64 OTS in HS (1974). How I scraped up the money, I have no idea.

If the tires on my '66 weren’t brand new, that’s what I’d have on it again.

Same car, different ‘slant’.

1 Like

In the late summer of 1961 I had just gone through the Air Force escape and evasion training at Stead AFB outside of Reno and before I drove home I stayed in Reno overnight. I parked in Harrahs lot and that’s where I saw the XKE for the first time in person. White roadster, top down, chrome wires and WIDE WHITEWALL tires. Stunning. I was looking at the future. It made my 58 Tbird convertible look OLD. Pete

1 Like

I think it would look good on my Vreds

1 Like

I also don’t prefer red as I always feel like a pretentious a@@hole driving that color haha but it’s gorgeous on a FHC w whitewalls.

1 Like

Here is another option. These folks can apply your desired stripe to the tire of your choice. I have seen several TR6’s at gatherings in the Carolina’s where the owner had this company vulcanize red stripes to modern radial tires.

Kevin

James-

How do you like the Coker American Classics for driving? I’ve been thinking about putting them on my '47 Mercury, to replace the bias-ply WWs on there now.

-Scott

Have driven about 500 miles so far. Long stretches. We did 160 miles recently and found them to be quiet and smooth. I seldom drive above 60 however. Only in short spurts.

Thanks, James. The Merc generally doesn’t go over 60 very often either.

1 Like