Who's Online sort order

What governs where your profile picture appears on the line of people on-line at the moment? Mine seems to appear in roughly the same place all the time. It doesn’t appear to be alphabetic or sign-in time related. Just curious.

I think it’s by duration of the current session, but there is probably some second order sorting going on, as users do seem to “percolate” to certain positions in the list, rather than to the left.

I got “This video is unavailable”

Wherever space and time interact, there is information, and wherever information can be ordered into knowledge, and knowledge can be applied, there is intelligence.
Pavel Mirsky, mid 21st Century Russian General

yeah, but what happens if you put the old desk top to sleep while the window is still open?

might it be assumed that it is having a cat nap ?

It isn’t either of:

Of those online who last created a post.

Of those online who has spent the most time reading posts.

There is a timeout. If you computer is in sleep mode then after a while you are marked as offline.

I’m just curious, nothing earth shattering turns on this. Today, when I went online, my profile picture was sixth from the left with about 28 showing online. Now I’m fourth from left. This is roughly where my picture is, whether I’ve just come online or been online for half an hour. This consistency suggests there is some other algorithm operating.