Window Stuck in Down Position

I went out the garage today and the drivers rear window on my 95 XJ6 was down. I know I hadn’t lowered it as it was raining when I parked it last night. Neither the drivers control or the door handle switch have any effect. I did hear a clicking (of a relay? ) in the door. Clicks once and about 15 sec later clicks again. I pulled the window fuse and it stopped ‘clicking’ . Bad relay or burned out motor?
Any thoughts from the Brain Trust?

I would think the click you’re hearing is the relay?

Sounds like you’re getting power, since the click stopped when you pulled the fuse.

The relay is working, because you hear a click.

I’m thinking the window motor is stuck, can you tap it with a long screwdriver or something? Sometimes, when the motors are starting to wear out the brushes, they don’t make contact. Tapping them knocks things back together so it will work, until it doesn’t’t, so it’s still a good thing to check into and either refurb or replace.

I had one that “put itself down” overnight in another car, turned out the glass had jumped the track and fallen into the door. If yours dropped like that, it may have knocked some wiring off on the way down.