Windscreen spray nozzle loose!

One of my windscreen nozzles has become loose…it rotates easily,probably just held in by the tube…any suggestions on how to deal with this other than just ignoring it?

1. Remove dash top and find someone with really small hands to find the wing nut on the tube and rethread it onto the spray nozzle. Replace dash pad (and everything else removed to get to dash pad nuts).
  2. Ignore it (my preference).
2 Likes

Notwithstanding the possibillty of being tarred and feathered I offer a possible solution, a small drop of super glue.
Now rushes to the garage to don a fire retardant suit.

3 Likes

Heathen! Philistine! Someone hold my beer while I find my pitchfork.

Super glue is not an option,but it got me thinking…perhaps a thin rubber gasket , cut to fit under the nozzle,hmm

What’s going to keep it in there? Not sure you could stretch a gasket over the nozzle?

Why not take the time and return it to original condition? It may be a PITA to do but once done… it’s done!!! While at it check the other(s).

I think a small thin round gasket with a radial slit and a center cutout could be wedged under the nozzle and held in by compression,probably not even noticible…

I wouldn’t ignore it. I suspect this was a leading cause of rusting bulkheads. If it rotates easily that means the gasket isn’t sealing. Before resorting to pulling the dash, see if someone with Lilliputian hands can reach through the large hole in the center behind the gauge panel. Probably not, but it’s worth a shot since the panel needs to drop to get the dash out anyway.

If you don’t already have a gasket, that’s worse.

1 Like

Perhaps try this way. Just an “O” ring stretched over the nozzle. Will depend on the clearance, of course.

1 Like

Is the gap between the nozzle base and cowl large enough to take a small skinny O-ring? You could probably stretch that over the nozzle and gently push it under the edge of the nozzle base.

That’s genius!

Where’s that Solution tickbox?

1 Like

Right next to the heart icon.

Not on my iPhone: nothing there.

Only for Pete and you special important people.

If the O ring is too thick, go to the sewing box and get a roll of thread. Wrap it around until it is tight, secure with superglue (tape off the paint area before).

Get something bigger😇 or an android;

That might be the case but I thought it would be at least available for the OP? Anybody want to check a post they started?

Pete is the OP :smirk:

I hate Androids… and it’s not a matter of eyesight…:wink:

The Solutions checkbox doesnt exist on my phone.
Oh, well… I’m not in a war zone!