Windshield chrome moulding fix

OK, I don’t know of this is poor workmanship or poor design from the Jaguar brain trust back in the day, but one of those annoying things that bugs the crap out of me is this windshield moulding that keeps popping loose. Is a my car missing some sort of a clip or is this a common problem.
Either way I would appreciate any tips that correct this issue. Nothing worse than an XJ-S that looks like it’s falling apart at the seems when someone wants to talk about what a great car these are.

On the newer cars the ‘A’ post covers have three legs.
I recall there were also two tabs for screw attachment.
This may have been a design change due to the problem you have.

Yes I agree. It seems like a design flaw. I’m just looking for a fix as two sided tape seems a rather tacky (no pun intended) way to try and hold this trim piece down. I was just wondering if there’s a clip missing. As far as I know it’s still the original windshield, so I’m not sure how anything would be missing.

Just glue it. I’ve seen a few cars with a rivet, and that’s the tacky-est of all.

I think you’ve got the plan John. I guess I’m just going out and buying some body trim moulding glue.

Mine sticks up at the corner of windscreen both sides. it has been glued before but now coming apart.
Would any of you be ok with getting a new trim piece ( as mine has a big dent in A pillar left side) and having a windshield place re do with new gasket.
Not sure I trust them to really do it right? Or am I a worry wart?

Perhaps a stainless steel Phillips head screw is in order…