Windshield washer nozzle removal

It is me again…got the wiper arm off but cannot figure out how to get the washer nozzles off so I can remove the grill to get to the washer hoses. I have a major leak where when I try to wash the windshield all the water runs out below the wiper motor. HELP

From memory thats what is supposed to happen, there should be a ‘duck bill’ on the firewall, I say should because DPO (damn previous owners) me included removed the end to ease the flow of debris.
However if you remove the scuttle (5 x torx screws) and lift the scuttle off I think you should be able to see how the washers are removed. Sorry I can’t be more clear as it is a few years since I have been into that area.

Hi, With the torx head screws removed there should be enough slack in the washer tubing to allow you to lift the grill until almost vetical, simply pull the tube off each nozzle and it will be free off the car. If your car has heated nozzles there will also be a plug on each one to disconnect.

They nozzles are held in place by a springy plastic clip that is part of the nozzle body. Be very careful if you intend to remove them from the scuttle trim because the clips are thin, very brittle and probably only intended as a ‘use once’ fixing.

Thanks for your response. My nozzles have 2 things hooked to them, one is thin and the other is fatter. I guess the thicker one is the water while the thin one is electrical? Does the thin one just pull off or have to be twisted off?

Thanks

Fred (OldFatGuy)

Thanks for your response. After getting the arm off I removed the torx screws and when I tried to lift the scuttle it only comes up a couple, maybe 3, inches. Enough to rotate it some but really need to remove the hose/wires from the washer nozzles so the scuttle can be completely moved out of the way. I evidently have a bad or disconnected hose as all water runs out bottom when washers are activated. They did not give a lot of room to work in there! *B-) cool

Most likely one or both connector plugs for the wires to the jets are trapped and preventing you lifting the scuttle enough. The wires and plugs pass through a plastic oblong grill that is a push fit into the car body, if the plugs are stuck behind that grill you need to pop the grill out of it’s seat, then there should be enough slack in the cable to turn the scuttle on its side, access the plug and disconnect the wires to lift the scuttle away.

Thanks, I saw the small oblong grills so I will pop them out and give it a try. Will let you know on progress.

Thanks again!

Once again…Thanks for your help. My windshield washer plastic “t” in the hose had broken. I was able to cobble together some parts I had in my parts bin and was able to fix the problem. I can have a clean windshield again!!! *:D big grin

Glad to hear you have found and fixed the problem. Because they have been out of use for a while, It’s a good idea to check the nozzles for any blockages while you have access to them and check they both squirt two strong jets before putting everything back. I had to remove the washer resevoir a while back and was amazed how much muck and sludge had accumulated in it.

I found it easier to fasten the rubber seal in position to the scuttle before placing it back on the car, it fastens on easy if you start at one end and work your way along and stays in place while you position the scuttle against the screen.