Wire wheel splined hub wanted, worn out OK

I am using electrochemistry to de-rust my old wire wheels. They are turning out much better than they were, not perfect, but good enough. I will post photos of all the steps when I get further along in the process.
I am hoping someone on here has an old splined wheel hub they will sell me. The splines do not need to be good, as all I am only going to use it for is mounting a wheel to make it easier to clean and clear coat them. Thanks

And if you have two… I am also interested.

As in William’s case, worn is okay.

I use one on my tire mounting equipment for my TR wire wheels but do not have one large enough for the Jaguar wheel center.

Folks,

I may…I replaced all 4 on my 66 OTS. I know I shelved the originals but I had a major purge a while back including selling the heavy metal stuff to a scrap yard; they may have been scrapped.

If I have them they are yours for cost of shipping. Let me look and post back.

Best,
Steve

Hi folks,

I had a chance to look through the leftovers and it seems the hubs went out with the purge.

Best of luck on your search,
Steve

I have two originals but will dispose of only one, the other lives in hope I can find a way to mount it for use for wheel balancing. I’m keeping the old bearings, which seemed to be in excellent condition so you’d need to find some of those.

Great, Can I pay you by paypal for shipping?
PM me, thanks

William,

I’ve just had an “emotional” moment and I’m sure others on this list will think me nuts, but then what’s new!

So I have an attachment for all the old original bits that come off the car and believe I have kept just about, well almost anyway, everything that’s been replaced, so I would ask you to contact Dick Maury and ask if he has one of these used hubs that he would part with. I seem to recall a couple of years ago Dick mentioned he had one or more.

If Dick doesn’t have one for you I will definitely let you take ownership of one that I have.

1 Like

I am replying to this in hopes of still finding a splined hub. Worn out is OK. I did buy new Dayton wire wheels and need a way to hold them in my homemade tire machine. I will gladly pay shipping. Either side will work for me. I only need one. THANKS.

Yeah, I posted here too hoping for an old one – in the end I bought aused one off of eBay.

I used an angle grinder to chop off the back bit (the bearing side) and filed out the center a tad to fit over the shank of my changer:

PS - I checked the eBay seller as they had 2 available (L & R) but no more now.

PPS - That is a S3 hub, I mention that in case it helps broaden your search

Yes this is exactly what I want to do. Now if someone will offer up their worn one I will be in business.

I have my old set and you’re welcome to one.

That would be fantastic thanks.
Can I pay you by PayPal for shipping? Either side works for me. I only need one.

Sure. Let’s take this over to PM or email. I’m going to need your mailing address, and I need to find a suitable box.