Wiring harness , BRITISH WIRE WORKS or AUTOSPARK

Its been awhile since my last FUL wire harness replacement.
Ibe never had an issue with BRITISH WIRE, Others state autospark is just as good.
Any thoughts?
GTJOEY1314

I have been using a complete wire harness set from British Wiring and it has been very accurate and quality seems to first rate. There have been a few extra wires, but none missing. Series 1.5 OTS.
Obligatory NAYYY …

Just down the road, dont forget Rhode Island Wiring Service.

1 Like

I use Autosparks or Rhode Island Wiring. The Rhode Island harnesses are more expensive, but have a chart detailing all the connections.

–Drew

2 Likes

Autosparks is the supplier for virtually every other wiring supplier, including British Wiring, Moss Motors, etc. The other suppliers are effectively just middle-men. The quality manager at Moss Motors is a friend of mine, and he’s confirmed this on several occasions.

I’ve always had good customer service ordering directly from Autosparks…the one time they sent me the wrong rear harness for my Land Rover (LWB vs SWB), they rushed me the correct one, and told me to give the long one to someone who could use it.

One thing to be aware of with any wiring supplier is that the manufacturers of a lot of the original connectors and sockets have gone out of business in the last 10 years. For this reason, Autosparks has been forced to substitute the best ‘equivalent’ they can get, and sometimes they aren’t that great.

So, sometimes, you see comments where people bought a harness from British Wiring 8-10 years ago, and it was spot on. Then they buy a harness from Autosparks today, and there are some goofy connectors, so they say British Wiring is better. That’s not really the case…thensuplier was the same, it was WHEN they bought the harness that made the difference.

I believe that SNG Barratt sells Autosparks harnesses as well. However, the last time I looked the Autosparks website had the most accurate description of the harnesses available.

–Drew

I am in the middle of installing a harness from Rhode Island Wiring and have been very happy so far.
I paid them a visit recently and did a blog post. Even if you aren’t in the market for a wiring harness, their little facility is quite fascinating. See the article linked on the homepage of my website at www.newhillgarage.com. I included some videos of their weaving machines that apply the cloth covers that are quite fascinating.

1 Like

I’ve used Rhode Island wiring for years on my Old American cars…They do wonderful work.
GTJOEY1314

How are their prices, wrt the others mentioned?

The price is long forgot when the quality of the product remains… Use Rhode Island Wiring!

I was enquiring about RIW’s prices, and Ive not heard bad stuff about the others.

I am aware of RIW’s reputation, even never having used them.

Fortunately, the harness in my Rover is in perfect working condition.

RIW is approximately 20-25% higher than SNG.

1 Like

Thanks: given my extremely good dealings with SNG, Id certainly go their direction, were I to have needed it.

Now Paul… don’t tempt providence … I will only use RIW… their product is superb… and their knowledge is remarkable. They have trouble shot a couple of wiring questions I had over the phone while I was working on the car… they are THAT good.

Good onya. Not an issue, since I wont be using either, anytime soon.

Yes, their harnesses are excellent and the customer service is as well. The connections charts they send make it far easier to install their harnesses than others unless you know your wiring diagrams and all the nuances.

I’ve used Autosparks on 4 Brit-cars. No complaints.