WTT Series 1 Project for Driveable Series 1 or 2

(Include at least one pictu

re)

Description: 1967, Series 1, FHC, numbers matching, metallic blue exterior with black interior

Asking price (if selling): Want to trade instead of sell

Contact information: Marty 636-399-6444

Cost of shipping (if selling): N/A

Willing to ship worldwide? No

For the last twenty years I have owned a Jag-in-the-box. a 1967 Series 1 FHC, numbers matching in opalescent silver blue. The block and heads have been rebuilt. The IRS is still intact and unrestored; I am the third owner of the car in this dis-assembled state. The bonnet needs to be replaced but have three center sections, 3 wings, one rusted nose section, and two sets air ducts. Previous owners have bought new parts and have powdercoated the front suspension parts. The tub is solid and in primer. The doors are from another car and need to be fitted. New parts included interior kit, headlamp covers, fastener kit, dash pad, and brake pads. Missing parts include windshield glass, exhaust pipes (have maniforlds), shocks, and carpet.

I would like to have the car restored, but find that the cost would be in the neighborhood of $110k and that the car would have a value of $110k after its done, resulting in a significant loss of cash. $25k is the best offer that I have had for the car as-is.

I have always wanted an E-type, but have interest in completing our project cars, trucks, tractors, and boats that I own, so I can’t dump all of my spare cash in one car. I prefer my collectable cars to be driveable, not a trailer queen.

The best scenario for me would be to find another person who wants to have their solid and drivable, but not perfect, E-type restored and trade them mine since its already apart. This trade may involve adding cash to the deal depending on the condition of the car. I would consider a Series 1 or 2 car for trade.

If their is anyone on this forum who has an interest or knows of a car for sale, please let me know.

Marty, St.Louis, MO

–
Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

1 Like

Honestly, even if I had the money, I just don’t have another car like this in my future. I couldn’t do it.

1 Like