XJ40 Door Skins

Hello there fellow travellers. Some lovely person has managed to Drive/Back into the passengers side of my very straight XJ40 Sovereign; and of course overlooked leaving their contact details! My Very Good bodywork expert has suggested that if I can get another set of doors, I can decrease the bill to my insurers by a large degree (ie they will not Write Off the Car which I do not want, as everything else is perfect). I have been offered a very straight passengers side set of doors for a very good price, however they are off a 1989 3.6 Sovereign. I know that they upgraded the door latches on the 4.0 litre cars, but were the door skins and cut outs different; and if they were would it be a huge amount of repair work to fit all the 4 litre latches and internals into the 3.6 doors?
Your collective knowledge would be appreciated.
Andrew S

If I were in your situation, I’d try and source the same model year door from a wrecker - of course that would depend on where you’re located / availability.

Thanks for that. I’m having great difficulty locating 4.0 litre doors, whereas 3.6 litre cars and bits are plentiful.
Andy

Not sure where you are located but you might try Jaguar Heaven in Stockton California who are a Jaguar recycler. I suspect they have what you need in inventory. Probably some nice rust free California cars being parted out there.