Xj40 fuel tank needed

This is the CLASSIC reason I absolutely HATE to sell anything! The seller went out of his way with his patience to shot pics, answer questions, and get shipping quotes…resulting in a total waste of his time and energy. Then the buyer…

“I went to check out a wrecked car and wound up buying a very good tank this afternoon.
I brought it home with me and am confident that it will do the job.”

Hi Richard! I have a '94 XJ40 and looking for a radiator. I live in Naples, FL. Do you have one or know anyone who does?
Thank you.
Joseph

Joe, are you interested in only new or also used?

Hi Mike!
I saw a new radiator on ebay for $410 (sucking air between my teeth). But If I can get a used one in good condition for a good price, I’d be interested.

Check out car-parts.com

Thank you Stan. I’ll call a place on Tuesday that’s 20 miles from me.

Hi Joe,
Sorry for the delay in response! I checked inventory but no longer have a radiator for the XJ40. I’ll check the locals and will get back to you if one turns up.
I do have a large collection of other items from two XJ40s if you incur new needs
Good luck with your Jag! I had an 88 Daimler XJ40 I drove for years and loved it
Moved on to XJSs now
Cheers
Richard

Richard, thanks for the reply and keeping an eye on a radiator for me. Right now it is the most important part that I’m looking for.
I love the XJS, I hope you have the V12 engine purring under the hood. What year is it?
I saw an XJR-S ('93 MY) here in town in front of Whole Foods a few years ago and I know an old guy who’s got a Rouge edition.

Not sure if it will be any easier to find but I think the xjs used the same tank.
That is the 93MY and newer.
I have seen a couple of jaglovers converting to racing type fuel cells.
They are easier to fabricate, find or convert.

Hi Richard, I’m windering if you still have the fuel tank. I need one, but need this part number: Nmb5908dg1. Rog…

Hi Roger
I still have the fuel tank that came out of a 1994 XJ40
They didn’t put part no tags on these like the do on later models so you would probably have to go by VIN no
Richard

image0.jpeg

Understand. Do you know the VIN from the donor vehicle? The gas tank for my car is for VINs up to 679206. I suspect since yours is a 94, it’s VIN is higher.

Hi Roger
Unfortunately I do not have the VIN. I have checked the only number on the unit which is on the evaporative loss cap, and it is used on the tank part no NMB5908DG1-this is the unleaded tank.
The prior unit was for leaded gas.

Hi Richard, that is the right part number for my car. I believe you had said you could ship it. Shall we switch to private messaging to discuss further details? Roger…