XJ6 S3 pistons and head information needed

Hello everyone,

This is a spin-off from nother thread
https://forums.jag-lovers.com/t/panic-reporting-valves-expert-opinion-needed-sudden-zero-compression-on-cylinder-2-xj6-1985

I have a couple of questions ,expert opinion needed ;

Question 1 - the pistons I have are EAC 2045. I have the high compression engine .

Years ago I found out that the engine was remanufactured by Jaguar

And now I discovered that had been done one year after the car stated to circulate , there is an iinteresting hand writing carved on the head :

But on the parts manual EAC 2045 does not exist , the right reference should be EAC 2041 …besides, what is the difference between 2041/S and 2041/20 , does the second mean to be used after engine first rebore ? How does it relate to re reference I have 2045 with +.02 ?

Also , what does the +0.02 stamped on the piston means, that the engine was rebored and matching pistons installed ?

Question 2: the head has been painted silver . Is that original (as I believe it is). or did it came bare aluminium from the factory ? Similarly the valve covers are mat black , without the higher casting stripes plain aluminium as in older Jags . I like more the older look but it will not make original , what would you personally do

Hi,

Yes, S = Standard, /20 = +0.020” oversize.

Cheers!

Thank you Pekka :+1:
Best
Rui

1 Like

Machined looks better, full black is in fact from the factory, I would leave as is.

3 Likes