XJ6 series 3 questions

Hi All-
Couple of questions:
I have an opportunity to buy a used set of Series 1 XJ bumpers. How difficult would it be to adapt to my 1984 Series 3?
Need to replace my in-cabin rear view mirror. Considering using a later model self-dimming as replacement. Anyone tried this? How difficult are they to wire up?
All replies appreciated.
Chuck

Extremely difficult…what most would call impossible. But if the S1 bumpers are in good shape lots of S1 owners (like me) would be interested. :slight_smile:

Mirror is possible and has been done, including aftermarket mirrors with a multitude of features. Wiring goes up an a-pillar and across under the header trim.

IMHO.

Robert-
Thanks for the reply.
Have contacted the owner of the Series 1. Waiting for a reply. I’ll let you know what I find out.
BTW, where are you located?
Cheers

Saint Louis, USA. You can also find out by clicking on the iconic photo of my dog. :slight_smile:
(You can endow your Mark 2 photo with similar information BTW, just click on your Mark 2 icon upper right of screen, then click on the sprocket-shaped preferences symbol. Took me a while to figure it out.)

There is a way to improve the S3 US bumper appearance by collapsing the energy-absorbing cylinders–makes an improvement IMO. Info in archives, I think.

Found out the front one has been sold.

Rear one is in poor condition.

I turned it down.

Oh well.