XK 120 LCS fuel pump body color

This is really getting fussy. I have a spare LCS square body Lucas fuel pump that came with the 1954 120 FHC. The coil body is painted a by-now indeterminate blue. I know that this will be covered by a rubber boot, but does anybody out there know what the “correct” color of the coil body might be?
Thanks in advance,
Jake

Unpainted steel, I think.

I painted mine black.
Tadek

The body is unpainted aluminum and the coil body is black, but Roger Payne is the expert on this topic.

Thanks for your quick reply,

Unless Roger Payne says something else, I will go ahead and paint it, black.
Jake

Tadek,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Unless I hear of something authoritatively different, I going to paint it black, too.
Jake

BTW, was of course talking only about the coil housing - Roger is the expert though, he did an article on it, and the pump on the cover page looks unpainted, too.

Tadek

I’ve seen black coil bodies and did mine black.

BTW a green coil body indicates a 6 Volt version.

I agree…

Roger

I’m sorry to have taken so long to get back to you, but a very strong storm knocked out power, internet, etc to our house and I just repaired my ancient XP-running computer to be able to thank you for the information. Black it is, and black I’ll paint the coil body of my 120’s fuel pump.

Thanks again for your information,
Jake Manning

I’m sorry to take so long to get back to you, but a pretty serious storm on Thursday knocked out power and internet connection to the house and I’ve just got back on-line. The consensus seems to be black, so black it is, and I’ll be painting the coil body on my 120’s fuel pump black.

Thanks again for your information, and
Best Regards,
Jake Manning