XK 140 Boot lid not releasing both sides

My 140 ots boot lid wont open one side it releases on the offside but not the near side. Pushing the seats forward i can see the catch but not reach it, Has anyone encountered this in an XK and if so how did you overcome the problem, its not as easy as it seems.

There are 2 cables going to the latches,
They can break, but they are on the inside of the cover, very hard to reach.
I think the best way is to make a long rod, with a small hook on the end,
and try to get it to unlock.

Thankyou yes i have a rod but couldnt engage it with anything will try again. As you point out the cable is under the boot cover.

In my experience you will need to remove the trim board on boot lid to access the mechanism that controls the wires. You can then adjust to ensure it all works correctly.

thankyou its a bit difficult to remove the panel when the lid is shut tight one side.

Ha!
Apologies I clearly didn’t read your original post correctly

This was a problem on my xk150 DHC before I restored it and added a new boot liner to the trunk lid. Others have actually had to chop through their liner to try and reach a broken release wire. A discouraging and challenging task through the access door. Not wanting to ever deal with this, I added a wire yoke to the release pulls on each side that is pulled on by a wire that runs forward between the boot lid and liner to where the boot light switch plate is located. The wire ends in a small finger loop covered with 1/8" ID tubing. The latter is just vIsible where it emerges in front of the switch plate and where it is easily reached through the access door. It works great and I no longer worry about this nightmare.