XK 150 DHC door window frame and glass assembly

Hi all,
I want to start assembling the door window frames and glasses in my DHC . Basically should I have all stuff , as seals ( bought a kit ) nuts and bolts. Still am I puzzling how it’s exactly mounted . F.I. The weatherstrips ; do you use screws direct in the weatherstrip . Do I need sealant anywhere? Is there an advised way for the start ?
In the books I have , it’s hard to identify how the handle.
Thanks again for your help,
Regards Roger

i will watch this thread, as I am slightly ahead with the door assembly with my DHC.
Right or wrong, here is how I set mine up…
I used a small diameter weatherseal (P-piping) approx 6mm
I then sandwiched this into place using a fuzzy scraper from an E-type (as it was longer than the XK150 doors, and I just cut it down to length.)
I used a TINY bit of adhesive to hold the piping against the door skin.
This was screwed into place, using self tappers into the original holes. I pre-punched a hole in the weatherseal so it didn’t twist when the self tapper went through.

Now I just have to work out how the rear frame guide fits in…

Roger,

See pic of the construction of my XK 140 FHC. Don’t know whether it’s fully identical to the one of the XK 150 DHC, but the basic principle will be the same I guess.

Bob K.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Bob; as always your diagrams are incredible! I’m not sure if the OP was referring to the inner or outer (or both) seals. As I’m sure you know the 150 is different from the 140 in that there is no wooden capping on the inside, and then DHC differs from FHC in that it has a framed glass that slides in a “B” channel that is enclosed within the door assembly.

I really wish the person who dissasembled my car was as organised as you in note-keeping rather than adopting the 'Raccoon on Meth" system of cataloguing :frowning:

Hi Jon, Bob e.o.
Again thanks for all your input , it helped a lot : I now know that the 140 differs really from the 150 and then even in the 150 there is a diff in OTS and DHC . I had the opportunity to look at a 150 and the owner confirmed your set up Jon. But (!) he didn’t mount the piping as he lost patience during the mounting due to a promised rally drive. He tipped to use the glass guide of a E type instead of the original felt .
Up to the next challenge …

1 Like