XK120 boot (trunk) bracket

I am partway through restoring my 1951 120 OTS. Last night I was browsing through the forum and noticed some photos inside the boot with some brackets that I don’t have and no sign they were ever there.
There seems to be one bracket either side right behind the battery panel (but in the boot) on either side of the “front of boot floor” (the metal bit) to the inner wheel arch.
Confirmation that these brackets should be there and a few dimension as marked on the attached drawing appreciated.
boot-bracket

I, too have a '51 OTS and this is news to me as well.

These are the extra body mounts in later 120 roadster 120FHC and DHC
don’t panic if you have a 51

My Nov 51 FHC does not have them.

I think my 120fhc december 52 has it.

good to know will need to find when it started

Bumping this thread as my car doesn’t have these brackets and I’d like to add them.
Does anyone have the dimensions easily to hand?

Awkward to measure, but here’s what I get

A = 4”
B = 4”
C = 3”
D = 2.5”

and the length of the flanges parallel to “B” = 3.25”

boot-bracket

Thanks Nick.I know it’s in a difficult spot to get at even though it’s in plain sight. I appreciate you taking the trouble.
What gauge would you estimate? Please don’t measure, your best guess will do.

My '53 OTS has them. I got .090 with old paint on it. Pretty meaty.

Tight fit in the 14 ga slot of my sheet metal gauge.

Geez, you may as well knock a couple up and pop over and fit them!
Many thanks

I had to turn myself into a pretzel to get in there, will probably need a back massage to recover, or maybe a double single malt, but you’re welcome. Border’s still closed though, so going to have to decline the invite, though I’ve always wanted to visit Australia. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks also Mitch, only just noticed that you’d replied.

Hi depending on date of your car it may have never had them.
What is the chassis number?
Regards terry
Tmcgrath@bigpond.com

660178, it didn’t have them but it’s going to.

garry,
now there is a car I know well the old zig kyzelis car had the odd drive in it. Car has early race history at Mt Druitt and Bathurst.
terry

Why add it? Is there a big enough benefit to outway the originality? The car I am restoring is early enough to also not have them, which is why I ask.

I’m not overly worried about originality and if Jaguar thought it was necessary I figure it may make the car a little stronger. I also added a strengthening piece to the boot hinge panel, virtually undetectable but will definitely make it stiffer. As well I made the wooden gussets in the boot lid frame a bit bigger to make it a little more rigid.
I had to remake all the driver’s door frame and used slightly thicker aluminium for the same reasons.
Hopefully this car will be less ‘loose’ and rattly when it’s done.

Just wondering if you knew wether Zig bought his bog in 44 gallon drums?