XK120: Brackets for lever shock absorbers on rear axle needed

Hello,
in the course of the restoration of my XK120 FHC there is the next problem I have to deal with. And as I got very good advice from this forum solving the mystery of the eight leaf springs of the rear axle of he car I again hope for helpful advice. The rear axle of the car was eventually changed to telescopic type shock absorbers. For this purpose there were brackets welded to the chassis and to the rear axle which are meanwhile mostly broken/rusted away. So I want to alter it back to the original Girling lever shock absorbers. Unfortunately the two original brackets that are welded to the rear axle to mount the link and pin assemblies of the lever shock absorbers are both cut away. So I need them new to get them welded to the axle.

Can anyone tell me the specifications of these brackets or ideally even knows a supplier for them? None of the usual suppliers does have them in stock. To my knowledge the holes in the brackets for mounting the link and pin assemblies are tapered.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Regards
Joerg

Hello Joerg

Do you still need the bracket specs?

Best Regards
Lukas

Hello Lukas,
thank you for your request. Meanwhile I had the opportunity to measure the brackets on another car and get them remanufactured.
Regards Joerg

Hello Joerg

Good to hear you could solve it :+1:
Your name sounds very Swiss, are you by chance from Switzerland?

Best Regards
Lukas

Hello Lukas,
I’m no Swiss but German, living in the surrounding of Frankfurt. My XK120 FHC restauration project that I started five years ago will hopefully be finished within the next few weeks. Next week I hope to get the TUEV-approval.
Regards Joerg

Hello Joerg

Good to hear you are allmost there!
And fingers crossed for the TUV approval :+1: Best Regards from Switzerland (near Zürich)
Lukas