XK120 FHC DHC floor rear corner clips

Seems there’s always something new to learn about these cars.

Does anyone know anything about channel shaped clips located in the rear corners of the floor on XK120 FHC? Possibly also DHC? I am less certain about suggesting their existence on OTS.
I found nothing in the parts books, nothing in Urs Schmid, nothing in Bernard Viart.
These are on the car of another list member, a very clean late car undergoing restoration.
My early car does not have them, but mine came to me with the floors removed, so I don’t know whether they were lost or whether mine ever had them.

As always, all thoughts welcome.

wild guess these are something to do with an early 120FHC certainly these are not on later 120FHC or 120 DHC

No, these are on a very late FHC 681343 dated Jan '54 in Porter’s chronology.
A second hand report suggests another car with screw holes here but no clips.

A photo of this area taken while my car was being pulled apart (681431). I can’t tell if my car had this clip or not from the photo, and do not recall it being there (lots of rust dust in this area). The flap part looks like it was likely to hold the wiring loom in place - or perhaps the trim panel(?). The horizontal channel part - not sure as it looks a little overkill just to hold the wiring/panel flap.

Today I heard off line from former list member Charles Bishop. He just today found a Ziploc bag with two of these corner clips from his disassembled 120 DHC and an original pan head screw, with a note card. He says the purpose of the clips is to locate the bottom legs of the sheet metal assemblies that trim the left and right sides of the battery shelf and contains an area for the parcel box to sit in when it is in the stowed position.

So at least we now know that the clips are found on at least two cars, a late FHC and a DHC.

Does this make sense to anyone else with a later DHC or FHC?

Reference Urs Schmid Volume 2 pages 77-79.

Unfortunately it does not clear any mysteries with my own early FHC, as I have nothing in my interior trim that looks like it might have needed such clips. Very possibly I could be missing some trim of which I am not aware. Or maybe mine never had such trim as Charles describes.