XK120 hopefully final bodywork

I’m almost to the point of trying to make the panels smooth ( as opposed to making the panels) and I’m wondering just how much crown the rear part of the front fender and the door have. I know they should not be flat, or they will look concave. But just how much convex should they have?
Couple of photos of front guard construction:

Brave man.

Thanks Mitch, more a question of not being willing to spend the thousands of $ to get a new one either from England or the USA, without at least having a go at making it. I’ve done too much you tube university for that!
The turning point was when I realised I could make a reversible buck using the “good” side as a template - again after seeing something on YouTube.
It took a couple of goes to make some of the pieces but I think it is going to be ok. Might be more lead needed in a few spots but that doesn’t worry me.
Cheers.

There’s nothing wrong with lead. On the 120’s the headlight and side marker lights alone have pounds of it on each side.

Yes I had to remove the left pod for repair. My side markers are the bolt on ones, so a bit less work there.

1 Like