XK120 judging guide draft

Can anyone email me a draft of the JNCA XK120 judging guide? It used to be online on the JNCA website. I should have downloaded it then…

Try this

http://www.jcna.com/library/concours/Judging_Guides/XK-120_Judging_Guide/XK-120_Judging_Guide_Index.php

Thanks! But the links seem to be broken for the “interior” and the “boot” and categories.

As far as I know the whole project is on hold again.
I was working with Steve to get it done but the powers that be put it on hold.

Daniel–just not true. I will send you a private mail.

Just to clarify this for the record.
The powers that be statement was Steve and myself it had nothing to do with the JCNA leadership. If I ruffled feathers it was unintentional.

Wyn,

I just viewed the draft.

With so many inaccuracies and omissions, be careful this may be a joke?

Mike May

XK-SS that “draft” has never been proposed to JCNA in any form to be vetted. Until it is and is accepted by the membership it is just what it is–a draft.

George,

The intro.(Special Thanks to the following contributors:
JCNA Form Threads, Jag-Lovers Threads, Urs Schmid and his great work on his “Anatomy of a Cult Object” Vols 1 & 2 Roger Payne, Jack Rabell, Dan Cusick, Godfrey Miller, Mark Stephenson, Terry McGrath, Tadek, Duane Grady, John Darack, John Feser, Mel Salter, Mike Eck, Phil Karam, Rob Reilly, Ron Gaertner, Tom Cashel, Tom Durham, Tom Wolf, and others for their contributions to the development of this XK 120 Judging Guide) requested as a download by Wyn, gives reason to think that it may be used in judging. I suggest you ad a bold disclaimer at the beginning of the document.

Mike May

Mike I understand but that document is not “owned” by JCNA so we have no right to edit it. All we could do and will is ask the author to add a disclaimer or remove it. All of the judges know–or should --that until approved it is just information–perhaps good and perhaps not. My understanding is it is a stagnant project right now. “Official” judging guides may be found in the JCNA concours section and some (not permissible to be loaded in digital form) are in the merchandise section as Technical seminars. Sorry for any confusion and we will see what we can do.

For Mike May,

Since I am one of the names mentioned as contributors, I will be happy to receive notes about omissions and inaccuracies, and will convey them to the main compiler of the guide. I’m not sure if he is on the new forum. Just note the page heading and a few words on each item for which you wish to make a comment. I think if you click my picture icon you will be able to send me a private message.

I wrote the Mark V judging guide and it was a big job. I did my best, and yet I suppose there will be faults found as it goes into use. New information is always welcome, but will of course be subject to evaluation and confirmation.

This is a bigger job with the XK120, for as we have often joked on this forum, no two were alike.

I guess I should have never posted the link to the draft. As it is a work in progress, instead of bashing its errors and inconsistencies, be constructive and help with it!

There is quite a few names on this forum that are listed in that post. So let’s see what the collective knowledge of this group can come up with. After all the main idea is to get standards for everyone involved in the restoration of XK’s.

Rob when will you be introducing the guide-this AGM? (Hopefully):slight_smile:

Daniel,

Have you considered that rather than writing a new document from scratch, that it might be better taken a bite at a time by starting with the existing guide and offering a series of proposed amendments that build on what is there and avoid a the pitfalls of an all or nothing up or down vote outcome ?

Karl

Karl

I’m not the author just a contributor.

I just posted what wyn was looking for.

To Wyn Laidig and other interested parties,Roger Payne and I have authored the Jaguar XK 120 JCNA Concours Judging Guide (158-page spiral-bound book) which was presented at the JCNA Clubs 60th Annual General Meeting (AGM) in San Antonio, March 21-25, 2018. Our Judging Guide was presented by Dick Cavicke, JCNA Chief Judge, in my behalf. Due to the fact that copies of the proposed JCNA XK120 Judging Guide were not available for delegates to read before the conference, the JCNA XK120 Judging Guide was approved for “trial use” at 2018 JCNA concours judging events. Our JCNA XK120 Judging Guide will be re-presented for official approval at the 61st AGM in 2019.
JCNA clubs and JCNA members can obtain a copy of our 158-page spiral-bound JCNA XK120 Judging Guide book from www.jcna.com "merchandise > JCNA publications. You may also obtain a “signed copy” of our 158-page softcover Jaguar XK120 Judging Guide book from www.xk120judgingguide.com. In addition, you can obtain a copy of our 294-page hardcover with dust-jacket Jaguar XK120 Authenticity Reference Guide book from
www.xk120judgingguide.com.

The above referenced XK120 document was NOT “approved” by JCNA.
It was agreed at the 2018 JCNA Annual General Meeting that its use would be “allowed” on a trial basis.
Any “approval” would require resubmittal and a positive vote at the 2019 JCNA AGM following the trial period.

WOW - JCNA sells it for $1500 for non-members! Not bad! :slight_smile:
I think I will join first and save $1460…

Tadek

Congratulations. Many do not understand what a HUGE task that is. I was the JCNA Archivist for several years and chaired the concours committee. We really needed this guide as most judges know very few details about the XKs.

Pat Harmon

I knew I should have gone to San Antonio.
Maybe got a peek at it before having to buy one.