XK140 windscreen side pillar rubber gaskets

I am trying to find a supplier (preferably in the UK) of the rubber gaskets/seals located at the bottom of the side chrome pillars to the bodywork. I have found a supplier for the center pillar gasket OK, and I have tried several big name suppliers I normally use for the side pillars - but all their parts so far purchased are NOT the correct shape as the original, much more rigid rubber, thinner profile, and consequently a very poor fit.

This is the shape of the rubbers taken off:

These have slight curvatures on all edges and within the internal cut out.

These are the incorrect shapes of all the rubbers several suppliers have sold me in recent weeks:

They have straight edges and not at all flexible - and consequently not fitting to the bodywork at all well. Because the rubber has straight edges and is not very pliable then they do not pull into shape around the edges of the chrome foot plate, and being thinner rubber at the rounded edges they do not take up the contours in the bodywork and leave visible gaps.

Once again so called “new rubbers” for our beloved classic cars are disappointingly not like they should be.

Hello David

Exactly the same problem with our XK120… I got the impression there are just those really bad repros available…
At the end I had to fit the original rubber pads again although they are not in such a good shape like yours.

Best Regards
Lukas

Unfortunately my old rubbers are cracked and perished, but still nice and flexible.

All the new rubbers so far purchased from various suppliers appear to be from the same mould as they are identical - but sadly are not like the originals!!! Even measuring my squashed old rubbers the new substitutes are 1.5mm thinner in the base sheet and over 2mm thinner on the rounded sides. The thickness is perhaps less of an issue, but rather their inability to flex to shape. I’ve tried mild heat without success.

Following photos show old rubber at the top, with comparison to new rubber at the bottom of the pictures.

The correct repro shaped rubbers were I am told available in the UK, I just need to find that supplier. Anyone bought these correct spare part rubbers before?

Might have to put the old rubbers back on if I can’t obtain replacements, but it’s not an easy job to get the windscreen off later to replace these little perishers