Xk150 body mount spacers

I’ve looked in past posts, but could not find a definitive answer, maybe there isn’t one. Looking to purchase all new spacers and felt for mounting the body to the chassis. I know in the past they’ve used aluminum spacers and red felt washers. Cannot find the replacements for this. Have found the closest thing on SNG Barratt’s with their Body Mounting Spacer and Washer Kit. Wondering if anyone has used this successfully or anything else. I do not have the spacers that came off when the body was removed, unfortunately.

Hi RobinI can’t help with your question but I have moved your posts to the correct forum, the X150 is for the XK8 and onwards cars

All the spacers can be purchased from https://coventryautocomponents.co.uk/ you can also get individual parts from SNGB…iv used both…i assume that the SNGB kit contains this…i didnt use the felt…i used neoprene instead…thinking the felt would just hold moisture…Steve

There are also Urethane mounts much like the aluminum ones.
What you’re referring to as “Felt” is not felt, but a hard red gasket like material. You can then cut out all the red gaskets you need.
Any gasket company should be able to match it up.
I can’t remember where I bought the urethane mounts but used them on a XK to good effect.

No…the felt im refering to is the roll of 3in wide roll of felt like carpet underlay that sits on the top of the full length of the chassis rails…so between chassis and floors…Steve

the spacer insulators as such were red fibre on early XK150’s and black on late cars

As an owner of a 140 that I have not removed the body from I cannot answer but as a street rod builder I have found that hockey pucks make fantastic body mounts. They are solid hard rubber and easily machinable. They are 3” in diameter and 1” thick. Can be stacked for more thickness and cut down for exact thickness. They don’t rust or hold moisture. I also use them for radiator mounts, engine mounts and transmission mounts.

Now for a 100 point restoration go original but for a great replacement functional piece, pucks work.

Just an FYI, hope it helps someone.
Dan

Appreciate all the assistance. Have managed to find the fibre washers and aluminum spacers from different sources as not all items are available at one place. I do like the ideas used as ‘work arounds’, but am trying my best to get as close to original as possible. It’s tough to do!

Be careful about being too caught up in “Original” .
Most materials now days are far superior to what Jaguar used. Some not too much. But paint products and gasket materials have come a long long way.

I’m with you on that. I’m not opposed to newer things, just trying to stay as close to original as possible, but I also agree that product development has advanced. I am not trying to make a museum piece, I actually want to enjoy my vehicle and not worry about it!

I had similar situation . The car was taken apart a number year age by someone else. I did find a reporter that gave me a list and placement that is a good starting point. It reference thickness per location I did have a few of various thickness.
Bought 2 inch aluminum round bar and made my own. For the fiber washers bought resin reinforced circuit board, fabric not paper. Comes in organ color.
SEnd email address to designs@newnorth.net if you want info.