XK150 FHC Boot access folding panel (BD13567)

Would anyone be able to dimension the boot access wooden panel?
What would be it’s thickness?

A photo always speaks a 1000 words :slight_smile:

Tadek

I have a used one for sale, not covering on it though
Len

ply is 3/8 inch thick as is all the similar ply bits on an XK

Thanks, Terry.
Would you have the measurements by any chance?
Where is the HW mounted?

Tadek

I am still looking for help on the panel - can anyone with a XK150 FHC measure it please?..

Tadek

Hi Tadek,

I can take measurements /photos when I get home from work today (approx 9 hours from post time) Any specific areas I should pay attention to?
Cheers, Jon

HI Jon,

Many thanks!

• overall dimensions of the panel (it’s a rectangle I believe?)
  • lock mount location (distance from top of the panel)
  • leather mounting strap location (distance from top & side of the panel)
  • hinge location (distance from the side of the panel)

Tadek

Overall dimensions: found mine is not quite a rectangle. I am a metric native so if you need to convert, then do so. Side with hinges was 945mm, side with sliding locks was 930mm. Height is 188mm.
Lock is 15mm down from edge.
Flipping over, bolt for leather strap is 93mm down from hinge side, and 35mm in from end.
End hinges start 114mm from edge.

Photo album to follow shortly.
Photos

Jon,

This is absolutely perfect! Thanks so much!

Tadek

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the bolt that attaches the the leather straps to the folding squab panel look like?

The SPC says it is a special bolt BD14116 - which implies there is a female thread embedded in the panel itself.

I have remnants of the original straps that appear black in colour, same colour and texture as the strap that secures the jack lifting arm - can anyone confirm this?

Regards,
Clive.

Clive,

Here are a couple photos from my 58 OTS:

The chromed nut and retaining plate are original and unrestored. The dome nut is 11/32 and screws on to a short, threaded rod which in turn screws into a tee-nut embedded in the panel door.

These are the original straps. The black is what remains of a dye job done by a previous owner when he dyed the entire interior black. The original color is tan and is very smooth. The back side is rough like suede. They are much thicker than the repros available from the usual sources.

Thank you so much for the photos Mr. Serber :grinning: - exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,
Clive.