XK150 steering column inner chopped

Hi all, I’m hoping someone can offer some advice

here…
The D.P.O. cut the end of the inner steering column, where it joins onto the flexible coupler I can see a rough cut so I am missing an UK length at this end. but I am wondering if this is a splined tube or if the shaft is smooth.

I also need to source the piece that clamps onto the shaft (SPC 43-67 or Jaguar part C.10837 ); if anyone can suggest a seller that doesn’t think it’s made from solid gold it would be appreciated…

Cheers, Jon

Jon
I am showing a picture of the steering column inner and outer where it travels thru the firewall, as you can see the inner has a splined end which slots into the two bolt yoke at the flex coupling. Is this what you are referring to.
Morris.

Hi Morris,
This is exactly what I wanted to see; thanks!
It would appear that my column has been cut just where it tapers down.
I imagine the yoke (Couldn’t think of that word when I was typing my original post) must be splined as well to match into the column.

If you still have the column available to check, are you please able to measure the length of the tapered piece in the following areas?
Untitled
Thanks in advance; Jon.

Jon
See pictures

Drop a line if you need more info.
regards Morris.

Thanks Morris; I appreciate this.
With your photos I should now be able to work something out.

Hi Jon,

Since you are going to have to fabricate something, it may prove easier to obtain parts from later Jags - E-Type or MK2. Maybe you can get your hands on such an inner column and cut of the end to use on your 150 shaft. You would have to use a UJ and yokes from the donor, but new journals are available. Take a look at the parts manual for a MK2.

Clive.

Hi Clive,
Thanks for that suggestion.
I had originally planned to try a toyota shaft and yoke, (see pics)

and see if I can bastardize something together, (they were only about $50.00 each)

However I just had the opportunity to do a better assessment of the column using the exploded diagram in the parts manual and have found there are many small components that are also missing. :frowning: The fun of buying a project that was not loved by the POs…
I’m going to do a spreadsheet and weigh up purchasing all the bits and pieces, V’s creating a Jagota steering column, V’s a Saloon hybrid sort of thing…

Jon
FYI.
The steering column I took pictures of is available for purchase ,I have no use for it, however Postage from Canada to Australia could be prohibitive.

I too have a SK 150 steering column for sale but in the past the cost of shipping from the US to Australia is exorbinate. Contact me off list if anybody is interested.