XK70 Attendees anyone going

So the wife and I are talking about attending the XK70 event and wondered if anyone from the Midwest was planning on going. We can get 3 in a 45 foot shipping container. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Dan

Two is company and three is a crowd? Oh, you meant three cars. :rofl:

where are you in the midwest?

that’s a big area possibly.

any west coast interest?

We are in Peru Illinois about 1 1/2 hours southwest of Chicago.

Dan
Do you have an idea of the price range for 1/3 of the container?
Richard

Still waiting for confirmation on that!
Hopefully tomorrow, I’ll let you know when I get it.
Where are you? Freight cost would be from Chicago.

So after further discussion my wife and I have decided to pass on XK 70.
Too much going on in our life at the moment.

Two XK120’s from the US going that I know about. Rich and Diana Foster, and Dave and Lori Wathen have registered for XK70. - the weekend events and the 4 day tour in the Cotswolds the next week. Plus two XK120 OTS’s. We are still waiting on more info on transport from the semi-official transport company for the event, but so far it looks like we will drop off the cars near Chicago and pick them up at a coastal port in the UK.
The event hotels are small and almost full, so register now if you are thinking of going.
Now Rich and I are “worrying” about prep of our cars. Both XK120’s are fully restored and get driven. But Rich and I drove a 1939 LaSalle convertible 2300 miles last June in the 10 day Florida to Michigan “Great Race” and we spent 3 overnight sessions rebuilding fuel and generator problems. On a well-restored car. Lori and Diana were in our chase vehicle full of spare LaSalle parts. For XK70 SNGB has a chase vehicle full of XK spares.

1 Like

In the past, XK50 (1998) and XK60 (2008) we on the XK-Lovers email list made an arrangement to meet on say the Saturday at the main venue next to NUB120 (easy to find - and I assume will be there!). Shall we do that again for XK70?

John,

Is it really almost 20 years since we first stood by NUB120 and took photographs of each other? Where on earth did the time go?

I do intend to be at XK70 although it might not be the XK but, yes, I’m up for a meet and a new picture. Considering I live less than 40 miles from Shelsley Walsh I have no excuse whatsoever for not being there.

Eric

Shropshire, UK

Let’s set a target time for being at NUB120. 2:00 PM? Rich and I are the old guys in the photo with the LaSalle, Diana and Lori are two years younger but much more attractive! I entered our XK120 in the hill climb just so we could say we drove up the hill.
It’s looking like we’ll deliver our cars to a warehouse in Chicago for the transit. Being told we will need to post a bond equivalent to UK import tax, refundable at export. Dave

1 Like

Good morning All
I a m also Mid West (in UK) .
I will be there on Saturday and hope to meet up with some of you.

Jim

Yes I am going to go, booked in for Sunday but considering adding Saturday too…was worried the 2 days could be just repeats?

Repeats yes but more time to look at XK’s!
I will be there.

Let’s go with Dave’s suggestion - meet at NUB120 at 2pm.
May as well make that both days, Saturday and Sunday, if some are coming just for the one day.

NUB120 will definitely be there, presumably at the Jaguar Heritage stand - but it is also possibly going to do a run up the hill, so perhaps we have a fall back to LWK707 the XK120 Montlhery FHC (7 days …) car which will also be at Shelsley Walsh, if NUB120 is out on the hill.

Yes, we did this for XK50 at Donington in 1998, I still have the signed program which was only about 2 years after I had started XK-Lovers, and we did it again for XK60 at Goodwood in 2008.
I am planning to do it again for XK80, 90, and why not 100?!

• John Elmgreen ph + 61 417 4466 15

Dave and Lori Wathen, and Rich and Diana Foster will arrive Thurs June 7 10AM at Heathrow and drive to Shelsley Walsh to meet the “MotoLocation” transporter dropping off our XK120’s at 2PM. We are on the Platinum Weekend package so driving to the Jaguar Collection Friday morning. Rich and Dave are both registered for the Hillclimb driving Dave’s Lavender Grey OTS. We are assigned pit parking #107.
We are also all doing the XK tour in the Cotswolds starting Monday.
See everybody at 2 Saturday and Sunday at NUB120.
Dave 1 248 821 6664 Lori 1 313 510 0329