XK8 drivers seat adjustment stopped working

Electrical faults- drivers seat module?

My steering wheel stopped its motion. I hear it but the gears within stopped. Haven’t had that issue with the seats(yet) may be a fuse first place to check. Then the electrical connection under the seat

Jim, which motion, the up/down (tilt) or in/out (reach) quit working? If you can hear a ratchet or grinding sound for one motion but the other motion works fine, then one of the drive shafts broke. The tilt and reach are each powered by a separate electrical motor driving a short flexible shaft to a gear box. These shafts have a history of breaking. It happened to me with my X300. Fortunately, the steering wheel ended up in a comfortable position, so I could leave it as it was.

Terence, if all adjustments stopped working, that would suggest a power supply problem, otherwise you may be looking at an individual controller.

1 Like

The reach seemed to break. I can hear the motor turning. So your right that mechanism must have broke. It still tilts up and down however, but only a little bit, maybe an inch. How difficult is it to take apart and fix.

I don’t know how difficult t s to fix; I located a source of parts via Coventry West, but didn’t proceed. If you search the archives, I believe there are articles on the X300 site. I don’t know why the tilt would be restricted. Have you tried switching it to manual mode?

Yes but no joy. Maybe one of these days I will get around to having it fixed. Seems awfully tedious though.