XKC 044 for sale in NZ

This popped up in the local jag club feed…
JAGUAR C TYPE XKC044 sales brochure.pdf (2.4 MB)
JAGUAR C TYPE XKC044 sales photos.pdf (3.6 MB)
It would seem this car has been stored in Christchurch for over a decade at Auto Restorations, who do fantastic work including winners at Pebble Beach and other international concours.

@ptelivuo think this car started over your way somewhere (broadly speaking :smiley:)

2 Likes

Is this out of Terry Larson’s gang?

At one point it was I believe. In NZ since 1996 but Aussie owned… more details here:

As an aside, Auto Restorations have completed a superb replica of a 1927 Amilcar C6, based around a number of original parts (block and others), for one of our club members. It’s a jewel of a car, 1094cc straight 6, couple of pics below

3 Likes

Hi Dave,

Sure thing. Sold new to Sweden and either owned or leased by Mr. Curt Lincoln and succesfully raced in Finland between 1955 and 1957. Last known race was on ice in Porvoo / Borgå, Finland.

The original engine block is in a replica I considered buying back in 2002/2003 as I knew I could never afford the real deal and thought that the engine would also have real pedigree. :sunglasses:

Cheers!

I am familiar with that vehicle, or at least the name, because of my studies through Automobile Quarterly. What an absolute jewel!