XKE S2 PS & A/C Water Pump Belt

Hi All,

I have a new water pump belt from SNG. SNG Part Number C28955. It is a Dayco belt, part number 13A0775C.

It seems too short? I this the correct belt?

Please confirm if this is the correct belt?

Many thanks Bob

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I am Memphis, TN. USA.
Bob

I used 13 x 785mm, so your 775mm is a bit shorter. The one I took off from the PO was Gates Green Stripe 9313.

Thanks Martin,

This is very helpful!
Bob

Hi Martin,

Please clarify the A/C belt… I can read "AVX 13 ? 900.

What brand? Gates.? Napa? and also PN.

Looks like I "may be able to install the A/C last? Hoping to anyway! Want to get the car running, then install A/C/ afterwards without having to undo any belts…

Many thanks! Bob

Bob,

that is 13x900, meaning the belt dimensions are 13mm wide and 900mm long. AVX stands for a automobil high-performance grade, at least around here. There are other grades that work just as well. I used Continental brand, just because that is the brand the local parts shop carries.

My car was from Michigan, the belts I took off were of US origin: For the A/C that was Gates Greenstripe 9360 (085D), which was slightly too long - the tensioner was at maximum tension. I measuerd OD 905mm, and sourced a slightly shorter belt with 900mm. Could have been shorter yet.

To get A/C belt in later, only the alternator belt (which is the easy one) has to be undone.

Martin

Bob;
Here are some photos I posted on the old site some time ago.
If you run the car before you install the A/C belt you will have to remove the Alternator belt to install the A/c belt, not a big job.
Hope these help.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap_view.php3?id=1397916814

Regards, Joel.

Joel, your pictures show you have a gorgeous engine compartment!

Here you can see how close the P/S belt is to the steering rod.

Bob

You’ll have to undo the alternator belt… quick, easy job.

LLoyd

A step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction.

Kurt Vonnegut