XKE S2 - RetroAir or ClassicAutoAir A/C Operational Question

I have a couple of specific operational questions for any S2 owner that has either the RetroAir or ClassicAutoAir A/C installed.

Please let me know via this forum, or via PM.

Thank you, Bob

I have the Retro Air in my S2.

I have Retro unit in late production S2 1971

Hi All,

Does anyone have an old RetroAir unit sitting on their shelf?

I am in need of being able to open up the unit and look inside to see how the internals (fan & temp switch mainly) are wired. I have had zero luck with obtaining anything from Classic Auto Air (Classic Auto Air purchased RetroAir so there units are virtually same unit) in terms of assistance, schematics, ect.

If someone could provide a picture or two of the internal wiring, that would be great. Or if anyone wants to clean up their parts shelf and is no longer in need of hanging on to the old girl, I would be willing to offer some cash to buy it. Only would need the unit that resides in the cabin, no other components (compressor, dryer, etc).

Thank you, Bob

Below is a link to the old Retro Air site (still on-line). There’s a paragraph for Evaporator wiring. The wires in my kit were labeled. There was also a crude wiring diagram with the kit. My Jaguar stuff is currently 1000 miles away, or I’d copy and send it to you. Regardless, it shouldn’t be too difficult to trace out the wires in your components…sounds like you’re trying to reverse engineer their system…

AIR CONDITIONING KIT INSTRUCTIONS (retroair.com)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. What I am now looking for is the internal schematic for the unit that resides in the cabin. Specifically, how the blower fan switch is connected and also how the temp switch is connected (internal wiring).

I have tried all avenues with the Classic Air folks. Even asked that if I buy new switches, do they include replacement instructions - Answer “no”.

Thanks, Bob

Bob, This very similar Vintage Air kit has a schematic…

10401-VUY-A.pdf (vintageair.com)