1964 XK in speed boat

Hi
Well I’ve had the right around with the head that came of the boat.
The guy would only make full payment, with a pass on pressure test,which I thought was fair enough. The place it was done at took ages and when they finally got it done, my buyer pulled out.
He had some private personnel issues, which I believe to be genuine,as he paid for the pressure test,some shipping,and ultimately I’ve got it back again, with no huge loss.
The most annoying part is, I’ve been waiting on that money to move the project along,oh well some kind of lesson learnt there I think.
I’ve been spending some time on the Fletcher forum sorting out the fibreglassing repairs I need to make to the boat,and other boat stuff, I haven’t forgotten about you guys
Thanks
Rob

Hi and a quick update on boat.

Finally got the trailer out from underneath the boat, and the boat all chocked up so I can start the inside, without it falling over.

Took the trailer all to bits, not easy, well rusty bolts etc

This is the engine bay, with the flotation boxes either side, which the ply has all rotted inside due to water ingression

These are pictures of the floor coming out, and the start of the rotten float boxes removal, it was done properly with the expanding foam etc I just think, its age, and POs drilling holes into them and not sealing it properly. Anyway it’s all got to come out, to start again.

Hope you enjoyed the update
Rob

5 Likes

Great update and thanks. Looks like a massive undertaking.
Best of luck

Phil
Apologies for contacting you
I went to log on to JL the other night and I cannot access the forums?
Is this because I haven’t made a contribution?
Or is the site down?
Thanks
Rob

Nothing to do with making a contribution Rob. The site must have had some problems which happens occasionally

With best regards
Philip Dobson

Hi anyone !!!
I’m on my phone posting as I cannot get onto forums from my I pad
Any help would be very grateful
Tried turning it on/off etc
Every time I go for JL I get a blank page with just the blue donate box
Thanks
Rob

Try clearing the cookies for the Jag-lovers page on your browser. You’ll probably have to login again if this trick works. Corrupt cookies can cause display problems.

Dave

Take that sentence back to, oh say, 1995, and say it to anyone: the look you will get will be priceless!

http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/

You can also try installing the discourse app onto your iPad and access the forums from there.

Same problem was reported here, along with a possible solution.

Chrome v Edge inactivity - Site Feedback - Jag-lovers Forums (jag-lovers.com)

What are you using to try to log in, I’m on iPad and use Chrome with no problem.

Hi
Yeeeehhhhh
Just tried the iPad and ( obviously ) I got straight in
Not really sure what happened, but I did have the youngest lad, clean the iPad up last weekend. So maybe that’s it. Anyway quick update.
Been working on trailer, took it completely to bits, needed some welding. Angle grinder wire brush,coat of rust converter,coat of red oxide and finally aquamarine ( colour) rustoleum top coat.
Will post some pictures the weekend.
All the nuts/bolts AF, rusty,broke,etc. had to source some, good old EBay
Not sourced another engine yet, but constantly,watching, for one.
Still got all the 3.8 engine, minus the CH, that I sold.
Anyway nice to be back,
Rob

3 Likes

IMG_7644

Hi Rob
Thought you might like to see my, Factory marine jaguar engine, with a water cooled sump .I think jaguar produced a small number of these in the early sixties, I am in the uk

1 Like

Gary Hi

Well that’s really interesting
I see pipes etc near the sump but not sure how it’s achieved
Do you have any close up photos? Or of it apart ?

Thanks Rob
Not done much to mine last couple of months been busy with other problems

Summer will come back and we’ll be waiting for news then…

2 Likes

Just read this thread, what’s the latest?

Hi
Yeah unfortunately not massive leaps lately,
Got the bottom end all in, got to refit oil pump and pipe work and ultimately close up the bottom end.
I’ve removed all damp wet rotten ply etc from the hull of the boat.
The trailer is 98 % there and I want to get the boat back on the trailer as we are moving house ( well our house is on the market) .
Getting the house ready for sale over the winter months has stripped my time I could spend on project.
Ironically I ordered the o ring for the crankshaft spacer today, as it was something I needed to continue.
But yeah, it’s slow, but progressive, I new it would take a while.
Thanks for your interest
Rob

1 Like

Hi to all,
I’ve moved my thread to the XJ section as I am now using a S3 donor engine in the speed boat.
Therefore I think this thread has come to its natural end.
Many thanks to all.
Will more than likely return if I rebuild the original 3.8.

Rob

1 Like

got a link, can’t find it?

Hi
Yeah not really a project link as such
I just post as and when I need advice on certain items,
Should be titled with 4.2 in speed boat or something like that in the XJ forum.
Rob