2008 - 60th Anniversary of the XK, Goodwood

I am asked by someone if anyone has a photo of two Jaguars parked side by side. Nothing unusual in that, but in this case there was a sign pointing out that both cars carried the same chassis number. A certain well-known Jaguar restorer and parts supplier was named in the sign. I do not seem to have taken a photo, but the matter has become very important and I have been asked to try and track down a copy of the photo if anyone has one.

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful.

Hi Everyone,
Sorry it’s been such a long time since I’ve been around.
I think the car that Tony is particularly looking for is 670150 which was listed twice in the booklet about XK60. The chassis number corresponds to the XK120 which was factory fitted with a super charger.
I only managed to attend XK60 on the Friday and didn’t see the two parked together, one of them was being driven on the track that day and so was parked in a bay in the paddocks.
There were other “pair” cars there that day, I thought I had a picture of XKSS701 and XKD555 together, but I can’t find it now. At that point these two were owned by the same person and were waiting to be properly merged together and I remember seeing another D-Type which had recently undergone a re-merging being shown on a company stand.
Anyway back to the XK120, the booklet listed the registrations as D-XK 670 H and WEB 8, the later was painted blue and fully race prepared.
Back in 2008 I posted about XK60 here, [xk] Snaps from XK60 sadly the website the photos on is no more.
Maybe someone else got a photo of the two XK120s parked together.
Cheers
Ken

I certainly saw both cars and the sign on the [WEB8] car
Funny enough I had rung the seller of this car located in Scotland back in 1992/93 and it was very evident that it wasn’t a genuine alluminiun car.
All associated with selling it over the years were very aware but!