6 SU carbs looks really interesting

A rare internet opportunity whilst travelling in Northern Assam I see this thread. Can’t add any more than stated before, but 100% definatelyI saw this home made special fitted with a Mark VII engine, a home made inlet manifold with SIX H6 carburetters fitted, sitting derelect in a shed in suburban Melbourne, at a guess one of the inner west or north west suburbs such as Mooney Ponds or Ascot Vale, and definitely in 1971 to 1974 period when I lived in that area…
Can’t add any more, and no pics nor notes at time, just memory from 50 years ago…
But definitely not Sydney, albeit no idea what happened complete car after I saw it…

2 Likes

Hello Mike,

As I said, I think, I have assumed that the set up came from a racing boat but it may well have come from a car. The cams look fairly wild. I will send you a shot. Most unfortunate that the head is gone. I have them sitting on a stripped B series head ATM. I will sit the cams in the head but the external lubrication set up that I saw was very interesting. A copper pipe running along the tops of the cam bearings with brass Tees.

Regards

Stephen Green.

1 Like

Aren’t those actually 3 x 2 barrel carbs? I say that as they look to have a common throttle shaft, common fuel inlet, and common float bowl.

Still cool as hell.

Edit: I think I was looking at the wrong photo. The carb setup you have is the original post photo, yes?