Barn finds, know of any?

Good eye…

1 Like

It is!

That is a road sign, “obtained” by my ex (who is an Aussie), outside of Kilcoy QLD.

I had seen it, when I was over there in 2002, and thought it was cute!

It floated over in the boat, container the shipping container of her goods. If @Craig_Balzer wants it for his Taj Garaj, he gets first fibs on it!

Not sure if my car would be considered a barn find, but I found this 1966 roadster sitting in Leigh high Valley PA last year in this barn/garage as-is since 1981. I rebuilt the carbs brakes front and rear, and am in the process of completing the restoration, I’m presently am having challenges with misfiring, but hopefully I’ll have the distributor and other minor challenges resolved before independence day. The car came with a factory hard top and it shows 56k miles on its original drive train. I love the fact that it’s retains it’s original black with red interior and original soft top which is in good condition. I love this car and I’am looking forward to making my first drive…
![IMG-4603|666x500](upload://eIU3v5Gmaking fISW9AM7jLzZknYN2ke7.jpeg)

4 Likes

There is a 65 coup sitting under several tarps in a boartyard near Dana Point…called the owner but no reply…looks to have been there for some time…I looked under the tarp,seems to be in decent condition

7 Likes

I think TRUE Barn Finds are pretty much well done… A lot of them are staged for the entertainment value.
Treasure seeks will always abound, but by now, most people with E Types sitting around consider them to be worth far more than they truly are. ( Cost of restoration being what it is.)

1 Like

This one hasn’t been out of the garage (city barn) for over 50 years. “Broken Clutch”. I’ve been trying to buy it for probably 35 years.

1231_1

In an alley in Southwest Denver, about 35 years ago, I found a SAAB 92 “Monte Carlo.”

It was a very rare vehicle indeed, and it just sat and grew closer and closer to the ground, getting more and more unrestorable. I kept trying to buy the thing until about 15 years ago, when I just gave up.

I assume it’s still there just rotting away…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The critical take away: whitewall tires.

1 Like

There ya go again:grimacing:

This is the problem with most barn finds. As time passes, the owner’s view of the car’s value steadily increases, while it’s relative value decreases due to deterioration.

2 Likes

Barn find in BC. We al wish we could find one like this:

3 Likes

I’ve tracked a few things down,here’s my best though.Not an E, but exotic,rare and genuine with very low K’s.Stashed under a fundamentally abandoned hotel in what was the car park but now the hoard of an eccentric “collector” …

Crikey!

Makes my job of decluttering look MUCH more hopeful!

I’ll take the Ducati

1 Like

Never seen a Honda toolbox either.

That’s impressive! Worth as much as an E Type!!

I used to have a non Desmo 750 Sport. Wish I’d kept it…

Ditto, my Monster…:slightly_frowning_face:

It’s like the comedian Steven Wright once quipped: you can’t have everything.

Where would you put it?

:smirk:

1 Like

I had a 63 Ducati Diana Mk 3. 250 cc’s. Sweet ride
DON

This sedan is still resting in a barn, near Ottawa Ontario.