Boot seal where can I get correct one?

Know this is an old discussion.

68 4.2L OTS 1.5.

Thank you.

I bookmarked this thread a while back, from @skiracer (Doug) -

I just checked with COHBaines and the shipping was horrendous to Canada! I got an email from them, asking why the order wasn’t completed and was there anything they could help me with, I didn’t get back to them! I think shipping was going to be in the $200 range!

1 Like

So what was the problem? :rofl:

There simply must be a domestic supplier for that profile.

1 Like

COH Baines makes the best and SNG might carry them. Somebody in the US does. Call around.

–Drew

1 Like

Erica, yes, I searched one evening for a seal and they are out there. The COH Baines seal, to me, doesn’t look like it would seal properly against the boot lid. I have to have another look around and make a decision on a seal to try.

1 Like

I believe it would seal okay. The original was definitely a side flange rather than a top bulb. I think it seals against the folded over bead on the edge of the lid.

2 Likes

COH Baines … I bought some from them about six months ago. The weatherstrip is terrific - soft, closes and seals well. I was able to negotiate the shipping to the USA.

1 Like

Beware to get the correct reference.
I bought seals from COH Baines for the restoration of my S1 FHC, according to the references shown on their website.
Unfortunately, the windscreen seal I was provided was incorrect, much too thick and not that soft, impossible to fit!
For me it was therefater more practical to order the correct reference from SNG than to request a replacement

I ordered a boot seal as part of the larger order, but then had a friend who wanted one. Just found what looks like the same from Woolies Cat. No. 265A About 4 pounds per meter, with a 25 pound shipping charge… but it works!

Need recommendation for boot lid seal for my '67 etype 4.2L OTS. Stuff from SNG too hard and tall. Any recommendations?
Thanks.

I did a group buy once for this product, have not heard updates if any of the regulars are carrying this product, but it is a perfect fit as Dough says above.

1 Like

I found my part for my '67 Etype, 4.2L series 1 from two sources. Have ordered. WIll report which fits best.

Parts were:

FLEXIBLE SELF GRIP RUBBER - TOP SEAL - 1MM TO 2MM PANELS DX76 (coh-baines.co.uk)

or

Small Boot Seal (woolies-trim.co.uk)

Regards, Tim

I can just about guarantee you that the second option of yours will not work.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And you’ve never even met me…

2 Likes

Good
Grief

I need to proof read.

My bad! :joy:

1 Like