BSA WM20 1944 , my new project!

A quick mock up with Pannier rack I just got , was told some don’t fit , but all looks well with this one .
Had a job lot of parts come yesterday , at a very good price , from a guy who rebuilt this combo 12 years back , from parts !

1 Like

Have stripped the engine down , still waiting on some paint to do the frame and tin wear .
Quite a simple engine looks to be in good condition , will replace all 4 main bearings

2 Likes

Nice sunny day so got some parts in Red Oxide

1 Like

More sun , more paint ,
You need a special tool to remove the steering bearing races , just a tube with a thread on it , other end is closed , you screw tool down then knock the tool and race out from the other end .
No tool so used the mig :rofl:

2 Likes

Trial fitting some parts , starting to look like a WM20 !
Still need a good few parts , so if you have anything please let me know
Uk only , post costs are far too expensive overseas !!

2 Likes

Went to a Bike show Sunday , picked up a original Oil Tank cap , and a P clip for the tool box
On the Saturday they have a ride out , we go and watch the 350 odd bikes set off ,
On the way home I see a bike in a layby , with someone working by the back wheel , so I pulled over , in the Jag , to see if they needed help .
He had things under control , the leather belt was slipping , so he was taking a link out , we had a good chat , and I see him on the Sunday , he apologised for shaking my hand with his black and covered in oil lol , he was around 84 , and lives up north !

2 Likes

Thats mighty impressive Ian , looking so good .:+1:

1 Like

I decided to do a YouTube channel, As a Tribute to my Grandad,
So you can follow the progress on there if you so wish .

4 Likes

Love the Umbrella / Drying rack thing…!

Only use it when the wife is out :rofl:

1 Like

Looks like a lovely garden Ian , no fences , lots of trees. Where are you in Maidstone ?

Washing line pic is from the net, not in my Garden, but we do have a nice one, in Allington.

1 Like

Yes that is very nice , and away from the town itself .

Starting to look like a bike now , have done 7 YouTube vids

3 Likes

That’s really great Ian . Like the tennis :tennis: ball , was that a British army issue shin guard ? :grinning:

No a Ian one :rofl:
It may stay on as the kickstart leaver is not a folding back one lol

Just a update , still working on the bike !

3 Likes

Man , that looks fantastic ! Bit of a bumpy ride though lol :grinning: . Does it run yet , can you get tyres for it ?

Not got as far as getting it to run yet , do have a strong spark when I kick it over , still have some parts to get , and to finish making the wiring loom .
Have 2 new tyres on there way !
Should not be too bumpy , Saddle is well sprung :smile:

1 Like
3 Likes