Darn! Missed on a e type

I missed locally an e type that just sold to a dealer. It sucks because I was ready. Anyone know of an xke here?

Here… is where?
Location is needed!

And you might be a bit more specific on the Series and model you are interested in. That will make a big difference.

Maybe “here” is this forum?

Maybe, but a geographic location would be a handy reference.

Oh, I agree, absolutely. Just thinking about what the OP may have meant.

Beverly Hills, Gullwing, Ray Crook etc always seem to find and buy the cars before us mortals get a sniff. Oh well, just keep looking. The best cars and deals happen before the car reaches the internet. Chuck at Monocoque offers a few each year, he is always on the hunt. Post an ad on Craigs List or whatever forum is local to you. Best results

Also, check with your local British car clubs in the area… Some member might be considering it and the question might tip him over the edge…

Hi Ray, welcome to the JL forum and best of luck with your search. There are usually a steady stream of E-Types on Bring a Trailer. I would also follow Nick’s advise of contacting the local British clubs in your area.

Where is here and what is your price range. Are you looking for a fixer-upper or a show car or something in between?

Somewhere in canada or the us
I’ll consider anything except a fully done car

Thank you

you just missed the $220,000. S1 project on BAT

1 Like

I cannot pretend to know your reasoning and wishes in what you’re looking for in a E-type.

But, if money is not a major issue, then getting a good, completed car is almost always a better value money wise than building up a project. Even if you want a daily driver, you’ll be money ahead buying something nice and putting the miles on it than taking something that’s very worn and building it back up to reliable driver level.

Let the other owner take the loss in restoration, I say. This happens a lot. Now if you want an E-type for the interest in the restoration work, or want to do something radical to it, then that’s a different subject. Personally though, I don’t think I’d pick an E-type as a hobby project for the sake of entertainment doing the work…

Dave

but you only have to take on 1 hobby car if an E Type because it might take 20 yrs (cough)

This is a Want Ad and belongs in Classified. Likely from a flipper…

3 Likes

Thank you Eric. Someone had to say it. The trouble is, as a new member, you can’t post in the Classified section either, to avoid just this sort of thing.

I did not know. Sorry.

Flipper

1 Like

Ok jealous sir.

Thank you
Chris

Chris or Ray -

Giving you the benefit of the doubt for a moment - if you are seriously seeking an E-Type you might do well to introduce yourself and what you are seeking.

Indeed, @CarloM himself did this a couple of years ago and got a lot of support (moral and info, no money) from forum members.

His first post could be a model for how to go about it:

5 Likes