Distributor issues (2)

![IMG_2855|666x500](upload://3vfVJYmdRI’m also curiousDsrwOLZph7JlPwhbtf.jpeg)

greetings. here are some pics of my pickup arm regarding my question a few days ago. I’ve referenced the part number in several different places…extinct. I fail to believe this, I need more places to look, please. I have a '74 XJ12 series II, carbureted. I’m also curious…carbureted and fuel injected engines use the same distributor?

No reason that I know of that you couldn’t install the Lucas CEI system complete from an ‘82 to mid ‘89 XJ-S. Distributor, coils, and amplifier are a stand alone system. Only thing needed is a switched 12v feed.

2 Likes

switched 12v feed? are you saying positive ground? I’ve recently replaced the ignition amplifier and pickup. the previous one was dated 1984.

switched 12v feed? are you saying positive ground, or just switch the wires? I’ve recently replaced the ignition amplifier and pickup. the previous one was dated 1984.

That looks like a Bakelite part, and could also be drawn up in Fusion for 3D printing. But there may be an alt:

JS397 appears to be an alt number

~Paul K

Switched on and off by the key or a relay.

By switched feed I mean a +12v that is controlled by the ignition switch. The Lucas CEI is only negative ground and will be fine on any V12 as none were built with positive ground.